2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Had a Fender Bender... Woman Drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:40 PM
WaynesWorld
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call YOUR insurance company and let them handle it.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:30 PM
ITTTom
Amateur

Originally Posted by WaynesWorld

Let yours do the battle for you

The bad side of this might be what if it a "friend" of hers playing it off as the insurance company. I have not heard from any company so fast since I have been driving.

Just my 2 cents
Sorry got carried away with the Smilies

Old 11-24-2009, 09:46 PM
WaynesWorld
Veteran

Exactly. You never know.

If you call your insurance, they will pay to fix it and then they will go after the womans insurance.

Dont wait any longer

Old 11-25-2009, 12:47 AM
bigtman07
Captain

I work for an insurance company and know that its been way too long of a wait. The adjusters are supposed to be in contact with you within 48hrs of the claim being reported. But if no claim was reported then you need to talk to your insurance company. And if you have full coverage or at least collision you will get your truck repaired by your insurance and then they will go after her for how much it cost. or at least thats the way our company does it.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:35 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

When I hit a dear last fall, the next day the insurance adjuster came to MY garage, made an estimate, and had a check sent to me within a few days. Maybe its time for you to look at a new insurance company?

And as far as the door not opening... the dang fender and door are already bent to hell, just take a pry bar to it until will open and close.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

Well all I have on my Truck is Liability, because with me being only 16, thats all I can afford.

I called her Insurance Co. today, and They said they havnt gotten the Police Report of the Accident yet, so I went down to my County's Police station and they said that they just got done with the report yesterday, and they would send it out sometime next week.

now my only worries are, since I only have Liability, my Insurance Co. probaly won't want to fight for me very hard, If they hear a 50-50 deal, they will probaly take it, because then they won't have to Pay for my Truck, and they can raise my rates.

so now I'm really worried. lol
Accidents suck like hell

Old 11-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Oren09
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+ on the woman drivers...
One week after I got my permit I was in my dad's nice & perfect 2003 Sebring Convertible. We were leaving a parking lot stopped at a traffic light. A little woman in a big suburban got tired of waiting and backed into me. Her bumper was the perfect height to go right through the headlight. Also scratched the bumper, dented the hood, and pushed the hood back a bit. Her husband ended up just paying the shop out of pocket, but it still cost almost $1000 because of paint.
Haven't had any accidents in my truck yet. *knock on wood* (Although I do have steel front and rear right at or past the bumpers )

Old 11-28-2009, 01:26 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Mike
now my only worries are, since I only have Liability, my Insurance Co. probaly won't want to fight for me very hard, If they hear a 50-50 deal, they will probaly take it, because then they won't have to Pay for my Truck, and they can raise my rates.
Couple notes from a guy who has had way to much experience with insurance companies...

1. If you only have liability, your insurance company won't pay you anything. Thats why they call it liability, they will only pay the other party(s) involved in the accident if it is deemed your fault (which, in this case, it obviously isn't).
2. If they raise your rates for an accident that wasn't your fault, get a new insurance company. A slight increase may be normal after an accident, but if its anything substantial after a non-fault accident, get a new insurance company.
3. Their insurance company should pay you or your shop for the repairs. Don't let them get you aftermarket parts either, make them pay for OEM parts. Many companies try to sneak that by you.
4. As far as waiting on the police report, thats normal. Usually most reports don't take that long, but insurance companies won't do much until that report is examined.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^i couldn't have said it better.

what insurance company do you have mopar mike? in my opinion, the only insurance companies worth having are USAA or GEICO. they're quick to take care of accidents and they stand by their customers.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WaynesWorld
thats what I was thinking.....although I got rear ended in my jeep in a multi vehicle pileup up in Canada when I only had my license a few years and even though I got all the information I could the rest of the vehicles decided not to call the cops (insurance was optional there) so I gave the info to my insurance company back home and got an estimate for the damages.....because they couldnt get reimbursed from the people that hit me they ended up doubling my rates so of course I had to drop them.....So be careful and dont wait to move on them if you have their insurance info...they usually wont bother to contact you again hoping to play the odds that you will dump the truck or total it yourself being a young driver...I'm sure they save a lot this way...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 11-28-2009 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Had a Fender Bender... Woman Drivers...