2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Had a Fender Bender... Woman Drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 09:30 PM
TruckinDodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off I pay an insurance company to bring me back to where I was before the accident that is what it is there for.

Small claims court doesn't allow lawyers but you can't go over $5000 (it might be higher or lower depending on your state).

Some states have insurance boards that go alot farther then lawyers and there is always the BBB and it might just be worth a consult fee to talk to a lawyer. I hope this helps.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:46 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

so she lied in the police report as to where she was??

what a bitch

if anyone hit my truck...lordy lordy, i wouldn't want to be them once i jumped out of the truck...

....mini bat or 1 1/4 inch wrench in hand, depends on what i could grab first

Old 12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when some dumb*** hit my dads truck it took a month for the Insurance Co. to contact him then another month to fix his truck.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:43 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

we have Erie insurace, well my dad has it on his truck anyway (he insured it under the farm), very quick and easy to deal with. I'm insured with Allstate, just as quick (guess it helps when you know your insurance agent personally, he hunts on some of our property)

Old 12-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Flue
Veteran

Sounds like it's time to file a complaint with your states DOI (Dept of Ins) against the other Ins. It also sounds like they are F'ing with you because of your age. Reason #2 to file a complaint. You might also see about finding an advocate to help fight this crap. There are a bunch on the interweb, but I don't know about their legitimacy. Not much you can do about the falsified report unless there were other witnesses that are not connected to either party.

After this is all said and done, I'd find another Ins carrier, shop around and say away from Progressive, IMHO.

If all else fails, call Clark Howard. Then at least you get to be on radio.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:19 PM
RedRigRon
Rookie

Originally Posted by Weldor
Better drivers my ***, I get scared every time I see an asian chick behind the wheel!
Hell my wife is asian, I even get scared every time she pushes the shopping cart!

Old 12-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

Originally Posted by Flue
Sounds like it's time to file a complaint with your states DOI (Dept of Ins) against the other Ins. It also sounds like they are F'ing with you because of your age. Reason #2 to file a complaint. You might also see about finding an advocate to help fight this crap. There are a bunch on the interweb, but I don't know about their legitimacy. Not much you can do about the falsified report unless there were other witnesses that are not connected to either party.

After this is all said and done, I'd find another Ins carrier, shop around and say away from Progressive, IMHO.

If all else fails, call Clark Howard. Then at least you get to be on radio.
Well the Insurance Co. has 2 "Independent" witnesses, but one has been a family friend for years, and the other was her Boyfriend, so you can see how Independent they were. and of course, both said I was coming around the corner when she was already backing out. Thats the only reason why I'm only getting 30% is because of that lying bitch whos been friends with her family for years.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by Mopar Mike
Well the Insurance Co. has 2 "Independent" witnesses, but one has been a family friend for years, and the other was her Boyfriend, so you can see how Independent they were. and of course, both said I was coming around the corner when she was already backing out. Thats the only reason why I'm only getting 30% is because of that lying bitch whos been friends with her family for years.
Been there done that man... When I was 17 some guy backed into basically the same spot as yours on my stang except it was on the passengers side. I was stopped behind them because a car was pulling out of a stall up ahead and I waved them on. In the process the guy next to me started his truck and threw it in reverse.. i was a sitting duck. They tried to pin the partial fault on me too because I was in the lane. Ironically it was a 2nd gen 2500... (rolls eyes). Haha screwed my fender all to hell but left his chrome bumper without a scratch. As it turns out the guy never reported it to his insurance company so I lucked out on that one and they switched it to full fault on him. I guess he figured he was going to get screwed either way because he had his CDL and hit me, or he was just stupid idk. Im just glad my rates didn't go up. Either way wish you luck OP

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 12-31-2009 at 03:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Had a Fender Bender... Woman Drivers...