2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What's a fair asking price for my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 03:57 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll low-ball ya and take it off your hands for $3000.....

I'd say the highest I would go for that truck would be $6500.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:40 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kelly says private sale retail is 6840...NADA states average dealer retail is 8125.

But that isn't loan value, and I couldn't find that, but I'd guess loan is about 55- 5800 ish depending on banker and buyers credit.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Hammer Down
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a beautiful truck! Why would you want to get rid of it?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
because he is sick of having to put money into it all the time....At least thats what he said that on another thread.(not that its and worse than normal)...just the normal stuff that seems to always show up in another thread here every other day.(these trucks are getting old)...He has had better luck with a different make and wants to try his luck with that brand truck. We should keep it at that to prevent this thread from getting off topic and prevent useless bashing...Not that its my call or anything....just a suggestion.

I think you could get seven for it if you werent too inmpatient to possiby have to wait a couple months....it has some nice mods and well taken care of....

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-02-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Ram_Me
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also think that around this time there would be more of a demand for a truck at this time of the year. Don't put it too low if you're willing to wait a little while. You might also want to look on craigslist and see what similar trucks are going for.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:54 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
To be honest I've just tired of it and really don't have much of a use for it. What others are saying about me sinking money into it isn't entirely true but is partly at the same time. It's not sinking money into the repairs that threads pop up everyday on as I've already fixed almost all if not all of the common issues. I literally spent around $10,000 or so on repairs and a few minor mods in the last 2 years. I really wish I hadn't done that but I have and now while it's a reliable truck with almost all the issues these trucks have fixed I'm starting to get tired of it. I don't like how old it is and just have the urge for something new if I'm going to have something and I really just don't use it much anymore. That's why I'm not worried too much about sinking money into it. Now why I am sinking money into it is we still have to pay taxes, insurance, wear and tear items like the brakes and I did yesterday, and gas for a truck that takes premium and gets 12.5mpg when I do drive it. The taxes and insurance just really add up for a truck that sits. I've been driving it a lot lately just because it's hunting season and I use it for that so I don't have to get the car all muddy and I have 4wd if I need it. That being said the car would go 99% of the places I go anyway.

The main reason though is I'm just tired of it. If I'm going to have something I want it newer than a 2001 and I really don't even want a truck right now. I used to use it to haul my dirt bikes and in the snow. It's still nice to have in the snow but I ride dirt bikes maybe once a year if that often now. I mainly ride street bikes so towing isn't really a concern. I don't use 4wd hardly ever either so just don't need a 4wd anymore. I just don't need or use it and really I only drive it to hunt with like now or to just drive it.

Now it's fun to drive and I do like it and I'm not going to sell it for $2000 or anything crazy like that as for that price I'd just keep it. However, if I could get something decent for it I'd rather sell it and just drive the car that gets great gas mileage, is way way faster, is also way more fun to drive, and does 99% of what I need.

So just kind of boils down to I've gotten tired of it. If I do sell it I could get a truck later down the road if I did end up needing one and I highly doubt it would be a Dodge.

When I dumped all the money into this truck I really planned to keep it forever. It wasn't exactly like what I wanted but pretty close and the few things I wanted that it doesn't have I could add if I wanted to spend that much. Leather seats being the main thing I wanted it doesn't have. I mean I figured I'd just drive it until the wheels fall off and a investment of $10,000 wasn't that bad when you realized a new truck was $40,000. However, I realized after spending all that it still leaves me with a truck that is 9 years old and people still see it as a 9 year old truck.

Like I said if it comes down to selling it cheap or not selling it I'm going to keep it. However, if I could get a decent amount I think it's time to move on. Plus we have 4 vehicles right now not including the bike and we don't need that many.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:38 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well If I had the cash I would make an off regardless of past, present or future issues. Your truck is one of the better looking 2nd gens on this forum that I have seen. I wish you the best of luck in which every road you chose. Oh and I hear you on 4 cars we have 4 as well. One truck (mine) civic (sister) Honda van (Mom) and the hyunida (dads car).

Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I didnt mean you posted threads every other day with problem I meant you already had to do the same repairs as the threads that seem to pop up over and over all the time...(like the plenum)

Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 PM
big.red.ram
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would take your truck over mine any day. ive always liked your truck. kinda wish i didnt get a sport now. i like the SLTs better and the older sport models

Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
I didnt mean you posted threads every other day with problem I meant you already had to do the same repairs as the threads that seem to pop up over and over all the time...(like the plenum)
Oh yeah. Sorry didn't quite get what you meant. You are 100% right. I've already had to do almost all if not all of the common issues. On the plus side they shouldn't have be done again because I not only had them repaired I had the upgraded parts put on so it wouldn't happen again.

Quick Reply: What's a fair asking price for my truck?