2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Halo Projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Bubba39047
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halo Projector headlights

What is everybody's opinon on Halo Projector headlights (http://www.amazon.com/Dodge-Ram-Halo...315752&sr=8-11)? Are they worth the money? any good? do they last? is it real simply to swap?
thanks

Old 12-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

many with no experience are sure to chime in with negetive opinions but I actually have them and they are holding up great..No moisture in the lenses or yellowing or dulling ...the only thing I would do over is buy the HID versions as the regular projector style ones I have put out about the same light as oem..my current ones say right on them "HID's not allowed" since they are not the proper lenses for hids and would blind traffic plus HID's get really hot!..and of course I would compensate for my lift and aim the HID's at the road and not at oncoming traffic
btw I have the exact set and they are only like $140 shipped from a store on ebay...
I did have to swap two wires around as mine seemed to have been prewired for the sport version...(5 minute fix)

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-08-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Trey318
Captain

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...Q5fAccessories

^I bought these, should get em shipped in this week. I'll let you know if they are worth the money. I like the look of these better than the other styles on eBay.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

^ those have the brighter (better) halo ring than mine.... I didnt really care about those since I rarely drive around during the day with mine on and you cant see them with the headlights on anyway But I think those take the factory single high/ low bulb I believe.. so you may need to still buy bulbs too..

Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if thats the style your going for, get them. Headlights are real easy to do!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
many with no experience are sure to chime in with negetive opinions but I actually have them and they are holding up great..No moisture in the lenses or yellowing or dulling ...the only thing I would do over is buy the HID versions as the regular projector style ones I have put out about the same light as oem..my current ones say right on them "HID's not allowed" since they are not the proper lenses for hids and would blind traffic plus HID's get really hot!..and of course I would compensate for my lift and aim the HID's at the road and not at oncoming traffic
btw I have the exact set and they are only like $140 shipped from a store on ebay...
I did have to swap two wires around as mine seemed to have been prewired for the sport version...(5 minute fix)

yep was just going to say that. I have the exact same headlights. Just need to swap the two wires. They come set up as a 9007 light. You need to convert them to a 9004. Easy fix. They look good, i love them.

you can get the same set with blue ring and blue LEDs ( i have those). They look amazing, and you can put HIDs in them.

Last edited by Mowhawk; 12-08-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:11 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

If you like the projectors with LEDs style, go for it. If I could find what I'd consider a "non-ricer-ish" looking one without the LEDs, I'd consider the purchase myself. No offense to you guys, but the ones that you are using are just not my preference.

But like Augie said, if you put HIDs into any headlight, these included, make sure you aim them properly as not to blind other drivers.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by jasonw
If you like the projectors with LEDs style, go for it. If I could find what I'd consider a "non-ricer-ish" looking one without the LEDs, I'd consider the purchase myself. No offense to you guys, but the ones that you are using are just not my preference.

But like Augie said, if you put HIDs into any headlight, these included, make sure you aim them properly as not to blind other drivers.
the style is actually the same as found on most of the new lincolns ,vette and luxery cars.(they are called eurolights because of european styling not japanese)....I dont recall any ricers that even come with this style.
I know what your saying. and respect your opinion....But it really is an improper stereo type is all..... how is that different than thinking anyone with a lifted truck or rollbar is a backwoods hick who's trying to compensate for something? ....just not true.
and ricers are just kids having fun customizing the rides they can afford and prefer....not unlike many of us here... we are all kids at heart, I like to watch the ricers scatter like mice in front of me in fear of being run over myself .....jk

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-08-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by Mowhawk
yep was just going to say that. I have the exact same headlights. Just need to swap the two wires. They come set up as a 9007 light. You need to convert them to a 9004. Easy fix. They look good, i love them.

you can get the same set with blue ring and blue LEDs ( i have those). They look amazing, and you can put HIDs in them.
I have the blue LED's....white strip and white halo's though.... and the sticker that says HID not allowed on the outside of inner back housing...are you sure HID's are ok for yours? people sure notice my blinkers being on with these...

Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Bubba39047
Captain

now thats my main concern. how do i readjust them? i mean is the same way as the factory ones or is it real complicated and such

Quick Reply: Halo Projector headlights