2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Feels like a different truck!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:27 PM
BIGRED97
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the hughes plate can be ordered online from hughes

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/p...z&partid=22220

the death flash was Dodges cheap fix to the plenum issue. so the dumbed down the computer to keep it from ticking and pinging. you have reflas the computer, i believe the best way is with an SCT tuner, but you can also get mopar performance computers, or find other ways to relfash you comp.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:49 PM
redneck86
Rookie

ok i keep looking everywhere but the only sct tuners im finding are for diesels and i want one for my gas where can i get one of those

Old 12-21-2009, 05:01 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just email this guy:

hemifever@aol.com

He'll hook you up right with the correct SCT. The guy tuning it is way more important than the device itself.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:03 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats!! when you do get the HS rollers.. there is a nice DIY by me in the DIY section.. they are pretty easy as long as you have plenty of time and maybe an extra hand welcome to DF!! the fastman TB is nice too!! check out my flickr page below and click on the truck mods set..

Old 12-21-2009, 07:47 PM
redseal
Rookie

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Haha, its an addiction!!!

Can you get a video of your Flowmaster exhaust?
Never created a video before. I'll see if I can figure it out with my digital camera.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:51 PM
redseal
Rookie

Originally Posted by jrube
Mine just started running bad out of the blue, and wanted to see if yours was having the same symptems as mine. Mine started idling a little rough when the truck heats up, then if you try to get in the gas it acts like it wants to die... Had some folks say it could be the Cat, or 02 Sensor, did you replace any of these?

thanks,

Jordan
My truck had a sllight miss at idle and died at idle a few times when warm. The worst was when the truck would get warm, it would sputter and pop. I would put it in neutral and rev it. Seemed like it would clear out. I did replace the pre cat 02 sensor along with a full tune up (plugs,wires,rotor cap). It used about a quart and a half between my 3,000 mile oil changes. With the hughes plate installed, there has been no oil burning.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:53 PM
redseal
Rookie

Originally Posted by iwhitne
congrats!! when you do get the HS rollers.. there is a nice DIY by me in the DIY section.. they are pretty easy as long as you have plenty of time and maybe an extra hand welcome to DF!! the fastman TB is nice too!! check out my flickr page below and click on the truck mods set..

Thanks, I'll make sure and check that out. Hope the rockers can be added soon after christmas.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:51 PM
jrube

Originally Posted by redseal
My truck had a sllight miss at idle and died at idle a few times when warm. The worst was when the truck would get warm, it would sputter and pop. I would put it in neutral and rev it. Seemed like it would clear out. I did replace the pre cat 02 sensor along with a full tune up (plugs,wires,rotor cap). It used about a quart and a half between my 3,000 mile oil changes. With the hughes plate installed, there has been no oil burning.

Did the Hughes Plate Fix your problem with the sputtering and popping?

Quick Reply: Feels like a different truck!!