2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rhinolined My ENTIRE Truck w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Getsum
I stripped it and had a shop do the rhino and paint, then I reassembled it. I know how to do the rhino I just don't have the facility until I complete the shop I'm building (50X60' all steel, 14 foot walls, 4:12 roof with a vehicle lift)...estimated completion date March.

hey, i just live down in clarksville......you can build me a bedroom in the back

Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Getsum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fast2liter
i really like that... did you spray the rino liner on or roll it then spray the paint over it?
Both the rhino and paint were sprayed. A basic undercoating gun is all you need for the rhino and there are plenty of how to's on E-bay and the net.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Getsum

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
hey, i just live down in clarksville......you can build me a bedroom in the back
Sure come on down...we can go fishing on the white river or on Norfolk lake. I have a couple of boats too.

It's funny you mention the bedroom because I've been joking about putting one in as I'm already going to have an office and bathroom. My wife says go ahead...me and the boys can stay out there and she can have the house to herself. My 4 y/o would love it I think.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:01 PM
DanTheMan44

looks good man I like it. Is the bottom of the windshield tinted? How do you like that and is it a pain to see out of towards the road and stuff? I've thought about doing that but that it would probably be more of a pain to see towards the ground and whatnot.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Getsum

Originally Posted by DanTheMan44
looks good man I like it. Is the bottom of the windshield tinted? How do you like that and is it a pain to see out of towards the road and stuff? I've thought about doing that but that it would probably be more of a pain to see towards the ground and whatnot.

The tint on the windshield is on the top and bottom and no, it is not in the way at all. The top arch keeps the sun out of you eyes like the visor and the bottom portion keeps the sun, that reflects off your hood, out of your eyes. If I ever get another truck I will definitely do this again. I do understand some states have laws against this but it's cool here; we don't even have vehicle inspections of ANY kind and you should see some of the bombs chugging down the road.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:28 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Getsum
I do understand some states have laws against this but it's cool here; we don't even have vehicle inspections of ANY kind and you should see some of the bombs chugging down the road.
that's the same way here in indiana (least where i'm at)

no emissions testing, or vehicle inspections

you should see my dads old truck, no brakes whatsoever (you push the petal and it just drops like a rock)...we were hauling a round bale home with it, and to slow down to turn, we pull it into second then into first and sometimes into reverse if we overshoot lolz, which we did once, put it into reverse going just a little fast and stalled out

hell the only inspection is i ever have to deal with is the random DOT officer stopping me in one of the K-Whoppers (DOT roadside inspections suck btw). i remember my uncle got stopped once while he was driving an old International Transstar II cabover, sweet truck, cummins with a straight pipe. anyway the officer was scaling his truck (they carry portables), he wanted him to pull just a little further up onto the scale (about the size of a college ruled notepad), and if you've ever driven a tractor trailer, moving just 6 inches is nearly impossible...on purpose he slipped the clutch pretty hard and launched the scale to the back of the trailer

btw....sick truck man

Old 01-03-2010, 02:53 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pretty awesome

Old 01-03-2010, 03:11 PM
1fast2liter
Captain

yeah i kno ho to paint just wondering how you did it...... by the way i got to ar like 2 times a year....

Old 01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice

Old 01-04-2010, 10:06 AM
sungod
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why rino line your truck? Do you get a lot of hail? Seems to me that with the super high quality 500mph paint made to stick to aluminum that you wouldn't need to add several hundred lbs of rubber to your truck.

Quick Reply: Rhinolined My ENTIRE Truck w/pics