2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cmckenna

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Must have all her own teeth (or at least most of them).
i dunno about that, i'd say all or none. you don't want that one snaggle tooth dragging.

Originally Posted by cmckenna
Yeah, the music wasn't the same. I used to play Ed Van Halen in a tribute band called Diver Down on the East Coast. I can actually play guitar very well, build all my own amps and guitars too. I auditioned for Ozzy when RR passed away. I actually like his music and some of VH's stuff during that time period.

I used to teach guitar and remember when Metallica and Megadeth hit the scene. I liked Megadeth's guitarists and the drumming was top notch. I remember lots being into Ratt, Dio, Iron Maiden, Dokken, Tesla, Whitesnake etc.

I also remember when Joe Satriani and Steve Via hit the scene right after Malmsteen did. I have those on vinyl. Good stuff there. There were some great guitarists that were mind blowing including Van Halen. That guy had the best sound in town. Modded Marshalls and run on 11 and just screaming guitar playing. He and Hendrix really pushed the guitar playing to that ultra loud, in your face, ***** to the wall playing.

I have met Tony Iommi while in Germany on a trip out to the NAMM show in Frankfurt. I also got to jam with M. Jacksons drummer and keyboardist.

That was back in the mid 90s. I still play, have a full blown studio at the house out here in So Cal that I am working on and intend to make some music later this year after returning from the east coast.

CM
that steve vai comment made me think of this chick, she's really into steve vai.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYxoq5hO4Aw
she's pretty good if you ask me.

Originally Posted by halfamil
My daughter(11yo) loves Lady GaGa.To me, she is very techno sounding, until she plays her piano. Very creative and entertaining.I can listen to Coldplay, but I'd rather hear some Ten Years After or Deep Purple.I was raised on hillbilly and old country.My Dad was a Hillbilly fiddler and taught me to follow him on guitar.His Dad was a great fiddler,many times Alabama Grand Champion in the 20's and 30's.My Daughter started piano lessons back in June and loves it.Her Teacher say's she is very tallanted.We are playing some simple songs together.
have you ever heard lady gaga try to sing? i saw a youtube video that was terrible, it was just her and the piano. she has to be tone deaf or something.

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Wow, you guys really go back!

I have to agree with Chris. Most of the new stuff sounds the same. I may be young, but I listen to the older stuff like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Lynard Skynard, Metallica, Rolling Stones, Ted Nugent, Tom Petty, Van Halen, Scorpions, and AC/DC. Its what my parents grew up listening to, and I kinda picked up on that. My mom used to sing "The Rain Song" by Zeppelin to me when I was a baby! But I also enjoy some of the new stuff too, as long as it has good riffs and isnt too genaric. I cant stand the hip-hop crap.
that's what my parents listened to growing up also, but why no CCR on that list?

Last edited by Sheriff420; 01-05-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

come on purpl, your getting as bad as max

its lynyrd skynyrd

Old 01-05-2010, 03:40 PM
halfamil
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that video would have lasted much longer,I think her tank top would have fallen off.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

dude, she's only 17.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:09 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by halfamil
If that video would have lasted much longer,I think her tank top would have fallen off.
would have been nice

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
dude, she's only 17.
old enough for me LOL

Old 01-05-2010, 04:13 PM
halfamil
All Star

Just being observant.Way out of my league anyhow.She very good,must be all she ever does.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

isn't the law something like 4 years difference or more to be statutory (sp?)?

Old 01-05-2010, 04:15 PM
halfamil
All Star

Dang,I missed it by 35 years.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

yeah, i missed it by 3. then again, she is from germany. i don't know what the laws are over there.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
isn't the law something like 4 years difference or more to be statutory (sp?)?
Ah I like to go buy the age of consent being 16 ha ha. Been there done that a few years back. Wouldn't do that again.

Quick Reply: Cmckenna