2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sputtering ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Relex
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't look at the rest of the plugs since they were done in Advance's parking lot at about 9pm. It was cold and windy and the rest just got pitched but they looked about the same as that one. Checked the gap on that plug and it was twice the size it should have been. As for how many miles are on those plugs, I have no idea. I've had my truck or about a year and a half and I never changed them.

My truck has just over 85k on it and my friend said he wouldn't be suprised if those were the origional plugs.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:52 PM
halfamil
All Star

Relex,You need to fill out your signature with all your truck info.(Model,year,engine,4x4 or 2WD,miles,etc.)You will get more replies.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Relex
Veteran

I've been meaning to get around to that.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Relex
Veteran

I was back over at A&A tonight and ran their scanner again and I'm still getting the misfire code even though its running fine. I guess I need to wait for a decent day out to do the plugs I got. I might do a cap and rotor while I'm at it.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:14 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Gomer03
Had the same problem when starting mine....I checked the starter...it was a loose starter ground.

Thanks for the idea about deleting the CAT...the sheild is rattling on mine and has been for a while....it is rather annoying.

most likely its not the shield rattling....its the internals (chunks fell out when i dropped mine)

Quick Reply: Sputtering ?