2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wrecked my truck tonight

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:38 AM
rideordie
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I am thankful I am ok first off. But I'm also kind of glad I didn't start to do more to the truck..I put in a radio, brushguard and my toolbox, but I didn't start to try fixing the few leaks there were, or my numerous other ideas for the future for it..

It was a nice truck, and it was very reliable, but I can find another one if I need to. Just waiting on the insurance adjuster now..Seems like an eternity lol

Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I missed this, I'm sorry, but did you carry full coverage?

Old 01-10-2010, 12:45 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
If I missed this, I'm sorry, but did you carry full coverage?
Yes I have full coverage. Not sure if I mentioned it that or not

Old 01-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well it does make sense if you are fighting with them. Hadn't really thought that through.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:52 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
Well it does make sense if you are fighting with them. Hadn't really thought that through.
Well. My dad wants to try to keep it like I said. I am sorta aiming toward trying to have it totaled (Which will prob happen anyway at a Dodge dealership), buying it back, and buying a new one.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:56 PM
WaynesWorld
Veteran

I make my living in a collision shop and by looking at the pics, your truck probably has more than $3000 in damage.

Glad you are OK.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:02 PM
wake
Captain

glad your okay..that really sucks that it happened but you know what i could have been worse..from the looks of it..if you would hit that pole any harder it would have fell on your head man

ouch..had my buddy take his van to a pole at 50 mph..landed on top of the astro..ever since his spine hasnt been the same and hes about 4 inches shorter

it always can be worse..on a side note if you do buy it back (which i would if i were you.) and you have the possibitly of doing it..id recommend parting it out piece by piece..you can not only make some good money doing that you can also save it from the crusher and help some members out with the parts that they may not be able to find locally..

just saying.

then when your done..have the shell hauled off to the junk yard

my buddy in MN makes a living out of doing this

Old 01-10-2010, 10:08 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by wake
glad your okay..that really sucks that it happened but you know what i could have been worse..from the looks of it..if you would hit that pole any harder it would have fell on your head man

ouch..had my buddy take his van to a pole at 50 mph..landed on top of the astro..ever since his spine hasnt been the same and hes about 4 inches shorter

it always can be worse..on a side note if you do buy it back (which i would if i were you.) and you have the possibitly of doing it..id recommend parting it out piece by piece..you can not only make some good money doing that you can also save it from the crusher and help some members out with the parts that they may not be able to find locally..

just saying.

then when your done..have the shell hauled off to the junk yard

my buddy in MN makes a living out of doing this
That is a good suggestion, and I am thinking of either doing that, or keeping it for parts, if it is an option. It'd be nice to have an engine/tranny/etc to keep spare..Let alone all the odds and ends.

And I have thought about doing this/fixing up vehicles on the side when I have a little more experience and money to throw around - I think you could make quite a lot doing that.

And yes, like you said, it could've been much worse.. Especially if it was harder, or if it were closer towards my door. I'm not so sure it would've fell on the truck though. I always thought they would sort of hang there - but I could certainly be wrong.

Edit: Thanks wayne. I agree with you. I think it will be totaled as well, especially using Dodge's parts! ..But that isn't all bad.

Last edited by rideordie; 01-10-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:12 PM
wake
Captain

you got the right handle on it

id be interested in your tail lights,and depending on wether they work or not..your horns..

the only reason i say this..is around here finding a ram in a junk yard is either impossible or the ram is completely gutted down to the bone

Old 01-10-2010, 10:17 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by wake
you got the right handle on it

id be interested in your tail lights,and depending on wether they work or not..your horns..

the only reason i say this..is around here finding a ram in a junk yard is either impossible or the ram is completely gutted down to the bone
Yeah. It is like this around here as well. A week or two after being in the yard its just stripped to the bone..it's terrible. I don't know why they're so rare.

I will definitely consider this an option. Not sure if I would rather part it out, or just keep it. Will have to play it by ear.

Oh, and I don't think you want my horn haha. It sounds fine 30% of the time, and 70% of the time its like way off key or something lol

Quick Reply: Wrecked my truck tonight