2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wrecked my truck tonight

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:33 PM
wake
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gotcha..

the reason they get picked so fast is cause there great long lasting work trucks..you can beat the **** out of them and theyll have no major problems providing you keep up on the maintenance lol

idk..lets play it by ear..i wanna see how much a used one shipped in is..compaired to a new one..cause i found a new one at a parts store that looked good..adn being that the left is new as of 2002 i think i should get a new one..then that way the left doesnt look brighter like it does now

Old 01-10-2010, 10:44 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by wake
gotcha..

the reason they get picked so fast is cause there great long lasting work trucks..you can beat the **** out of them and theyll have no major problems providing you keep up on the maintenance lol

idk..lets play it by ear..i wanna see how much a used one shipped in is..compaired to a new one..cause i found a new one at a parts store that looked good..adn being that the left is new as of 2002 i think i should get a new one..then that way the left doesnt look brighter like it does now
True. I guess that, combined with not quite as many sales compared to Ford (maybe chevy?), makes them quite irresistible.

I know ours sure have treated us well.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 PM
wake
Captain

not to get toooo far of topic

but dodge did something more than any other brand..they kept with what worked..not with what the style was..but with what worked..i mean come on..look at how many years the 4x4 had a solid front axle vs independent for one

Old 01-10-2010, 11:08 PM
rideordie
Veteran

but dodge did something more than any other brand..they kept with what worked..not with what the style was..but with what worked..i mean come on..look at how many years the 4x4 had a solid front axle vs independent for one
Yeah I agree with you. I'm sure we could make a list of things they did right much larger than the things they didn't do so hot on.

As far as the axles, they introduced the Dana axles in the 70s and were used until the early 2000's. So nearly 30 years. I think they did a lot of things right. And they look so good

Old 01-11-2010, 12:06 AM
011500Ram
Banned

Don't even get started with singing the praises of trucks made in Mexico by a German company. Chrysler did so many things wrong when they made these trucks. They are neat trucks, but they are far from anything resembling engineering.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:13 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Well it's looking doubtful to say the least.

Talked to Nationwide today, and they say that it was very possible that we are looking at a total loss (obviously?), and that tomorrow or friday they would come pick it up and take it away so an adjuster can take a look..I asked where it was going, and they said to West Mifflin (like 45 mins from here).

So I think they are pretty sure they're going to total it..I mean if they planned on it probably be fixable, I'm sure theyd come here and look at it or at least take it nearby.

I went today and took off EVERYTHING from it. Looks so empty :|

We'll see what happens, but I doubt it gets fixed.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:54 AM
rideordie
Veteran

Good news.

After playing phone tag for a while, I finally have gotten word from the insurance company. They estimated the repairs at $7500, so it is totaled.

They offered me $4200ish for my truck, minus my deductible, so about $3700. I paid quite a lot less than that, so I'm making a good bit of money on it.

So now I am looking for a new one again.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:40 PM
98Blue-Ram
Rookie

Are you sticking with a 2nd gen, or moving up to a 3rd?

Old 01-23-2010, 04:26 PM
WaynesWorld
Veteran

Tell the insurance you also want the sales tax on a $4200ish dollar truck.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:51 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by 98Blue-Ram
Are you sticking with a 2nd gen, or moving up to a 3rd?
2nd gen preferably. If anything I'd get a 1st gen before a 3rd gen probably. Not because I don't like the 3rd gens, but just because I'd want something that didn't cost me a fortune, but still decent..I don't want a pretty truck. Just something that will do what it needs to do, but if it gets a scratch or two thats ok.

Originally Posted by WaynesWorld
Tell the insurance you also want the sales tax on a $4200ish dollar truck.
I think that was included in that price. Not positive since my dad talked to them I was just sitting there listening. But I can't complain either way, thats quite a bit more than I paid for mine even w all the fees/tax.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my truck tonight