2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wrecked my truck tonight

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:57 AM
rideordie
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecked my truck tonight

Well. I was at a friends house, and I left at ~4pm to come home, get ready and go to work. Just down the road from my friends house I started sliding, counter steered but slid too far the other way and slid sideways into a telephone pole. I knew I was going to hit it so I just tried to slow down and hit it towards the front/brushguard.

The homeowner next to the pole came out and made sure I was ok and called 911. 10 seconds later my friends (who's house I just left) dad drove past and stopped to help! So the fire company came, and we decided to pull it out away from the pole towards the road. So the guy from the firehall proceeds to tell us that he can use his Tracker to pull it out, so we laugh at him (he knew him, I knew of him) and tell him there's no way.

So the firetruck pulled me out, and I backed up/got towed back off the side of the road 30ft further down the road.

Meanwhile, there had been a bank robbery locally. So the state cop showed up, said he was leaving and another cop would be there. So he left - 30 mins later another one shows up, gets my license/insurance, writes his name/# and leaves as well - not filling out a report for me....

The towtruck company was needed to tow the runaway vehicle or something, so even though they were passing nearby, he didn't come to get me. So EIGHT HOURS LATER, (12am) my trucks still there.

I am in ok shape. My vitals were good, just my BP and HR were up significantly, b/c of the accident I'm sure..was shooken up. My shoulder is hurting me pretty bad - going to go to the doctor tomorrow with my girlfriend and see whats wrong with it. Otherwise, just a very bad headache.

The truck isn't really driveable. Starts, runs, shifts into all gears and everything, but the steering is screwed obviously. It only steers to one side but not the other. Looks like fender, door, hood, u-joint, tie rod, etc etc. need replaced.

So..I'm pretty sure my trucks totaled but I guess I'll see whats the deal with it when I get a report and call in the claim . I might go with my dad and tow it back on a tow dolly since the tow company is being a bunch of lazy ***' (doubt I'd use them again).

And finally, since you're all waiting -- pictures. Hit the telephone pole hard enough to snap it in half entirely, as well as push it three or four feet - as you can see by the giant ditch.

Last edited by rideordie; 01-09-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:11 AM
halfamil
All Star

Damn man,I hate that.Glad your ok. Not to scold you,but how freakin fast were you going?

Old 01-09-2010, 01:11 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aw man sorry to hear! Was a real nice truck. Glad your ok though, looks like you can repair it.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:12 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OH I LOST A PA TUCK CLUB GUY!! Are you ok?!?!?

Old 01-09-2010, 01:17 AM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by halfamil
Damn man,I hate that.Glad your ok. Not to scold you,but how freakin fast were you going?
I wasn't going that fast to be honest. Before I start sliding, 30mph, if that. when I hit the pole probably 15-20. Speed limit on this roads 35. Wasn't sliding at all, went over the hill and was going everywhere. 4x4 would have been helpful at the moment but since I wasn't really having trouble until here I didn't have it on.

Originally Posted by offroadjosh
Aw man sorry to hear! Was a real nice truck. Glad your ok though, looks like you can repair it.
Yeah. It is probably totaled unfortunately, but if it is I will consider it a chance to get a truck I like even more. Trucks can be replaced, I can't. So thankfully I am ok. We'll see what insurance company says when I file it :/

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
OH I LOST A PA TUCK CLUB GUY!! Are you ok?!?!?
Lmao. Don't worry I'll get another one . I'm ok. My shoulder hurts quite a bit..going to get it checked out tomorrow and see whats wrong - I'll let you guys know. I'm thinking maybe just a bruised collarbone or something - however I do have a lot of symptoms for a broken one..We'll see.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:27 AM
halfamil
All Star

Snow and ice is very unforgiving once you loose control. At any speed.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:30 AM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn,, well best of luck with the shoulder

Old 01-09-2010, 01:39 AM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by halfamil
Snow and ice is very unforgiving once you loose control. At any speed.
I know - just kinda snuck up on me regardless of how fast I was going. It is what it is though.

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
damn,, well best of luck with the shoulder
Thanks.

If I could have straightened it out just enough to miss that pole, I would've ran into an open parking lot..

Old 01-09-2010, 02:10 AM
halfamil
All Star

Looks like alot of snow from the pics.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:18 AM
91xjgawes

hope all is well at the doc's office!

Looks like that brush guard is pretty stout, wish that coulda clipped it...

Quick Reply: Wrecked my truck tonight