2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Installed Superchips, and now my ABS light is flashing??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Chadlow21
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update, I took the truck to the Dodge dealer today and they got the light to go off by re-flashing the ECU(thanks pcfixerpro). They said the problem was a code for no pinion facter set, because I run 285/75 tires. Now I am pretty sure that when I put in the bigger size tires on the SC tune, it triggered this code. Now I am afraid to try the tuner again. I don't want to have to pay the dealer another $60 if it throws the code again. Also, since I just had the ECU updated and my firmware on the tuner is version 1.0, it probably won't work on my truck now anyway. I tried to sell the SC this week. I had 2 different guys willing to give me $150 for it. The first guy had a 2002 with a 5.9 and it wouldn't work on his truck. The other guy had a 1998 with a 5.2 and the same message came up on the SC saying that it needed updated and to call SC. I did pick up a Hypertech tuner, so I might try that one again for now. I might just trade the SC in for a new one, since they will give me $150 for it.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:22 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that explanation makes sense. did the superchips act funny when you originally tried to program in tire size ? did the SC allow you back into the tire size adjustment ? I'm just wondering if, had you known/tried the tire size update, would it have fixed itself the second time around ?

edit - version 1.0 of anything is scary.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Chadlow21
Professional

I tried everything. The SC worked perfect all 30 or so times I installed it with different tunes and tire sizes.LOL. And yes, version 1.0 is scary. If I ever buy a used SC again I'm asking what firmware is in it first.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:24 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Lol, hey... glad you finally came around. Like I said, we had that issue with the hypertech on my buddys truck and that is what fixed his. While it wasn't the same exact abs code, it was under the same circumstances. Personally now that your back on your feet, I would trade the old SC in on a new 3865 and sell the hypertech. But its up to you. Glad it worked out for ya

Old 01-23-2010, 12:00 PM
dungholio

im pretty sure it was me that said the dealer is the only place that can fix the abs code. as for sc i think you got a bad tuner cause mine worked just fine and i have a 2000 ram with the 5.9gas. the sc really helped it out and it was easy, so thats really strange. have you had your battery tested? i know you wont believe me, but with dodges if the battery isnt at a perfect charge, and if a cell isnt performing how it should, it can screw up alot of stuff if you try and program it

Old 01-23-2010, 03:07 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by dungholio
im pretty sure it was me that said the dealer is the only place that can fix the abs code.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-question.html

But if you want the pat on the back, ill let you have it.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Chadlow21
Professional

LOL. Either way, thanks to both of you guys.

Quick Reply: Installed Superchips, and now my ABS light is flashing??