2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Installed Superchips, and now my ABS light is flashing??

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Chadlow21
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Superchips, and now my ABS light is flashing??

Hello everyone. Like the title says, I can't get my (abs) light to stop blinking. It has never done it before I installed my 3715 Superchips tuner. I started by tuning it to the 87 octane setting, then I started the truck and the light started blinking. So, I set it back to stock and it still flashes. I also tried it in the performance mode, but the same thing. I went back through and did this numerous times, but nothing works. I did notice that when I was going through the tire size the first time, it said stock size was 31.5 or something? I have 285/75/16 tires, so I put in 32.75"( it wouldn't do 32.8) for the size. Then, when I went to try to install the performance mode for the second time around, it is saying the stock size is 21.75? I tried changing the tire size a few times(31" thru 33"), but that didn't help either. I did take the truck up the road and I did notice a difference in power, and the brakes still feel the same, so thats good. But I can't stand to see that light everyday. Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Thanks,
Chad

Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Chadlow21
Professional

Also, I did a scan and there are no codes. I have searched and searched this and I can't find anything. I can't be the first to have this happen.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:51 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Either the tuner screwed up your speed sensor (or whatever you want to call it), which would make the ABS light flash, or when it tried to program it, the sensor/thing decided to take a crap.

I'd contact Superchips, through their customer service department or their forums. See what they have to say.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:05 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah, call superchips. ask them for a fix. i'm sure they've seen it before.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Chadlow21
Professional

I wrote Ron on the Superchips site and he said he has never heard of this happening. He told me to call a tech and see if an engineer can help.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Chadlow21
Professional

If something did just happen to go bad, where should I look first? My speedo works fine, and the ABS light is the only light flashing.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:45 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

check your other thread, i just posted in there

Old 01-16-2010, 02:30 PM
dungholio

if there is something wrong with the speed sensor then it would trip a check engine light. the abs is a totally different system. the only way to check an abs code is at the dealer. they can plug in and see exactly why the light is flashing. it could be something as easy as a blown fuze. so i would set it back to the stock setting and take it to a dodge dealer. they would have it figured out in a fiew mins

Old 01-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Chadlow21
Professional

I went through and checked all connections, I put in a new ABS sensor, set the ECU back to stock, and checked all of the fuses. And it is still flashing. I don't know why the break light isn't flashing, and the speedometer still works fine. Does the code check have to be done at the dealer? Why can't my local shop do it? So, is it your advice to upgrade to a better tuner, or just go back to the death flash?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 AM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

the local shop can do it if they have a DRB 3 scanner.

Quick Reply: Installed Superchips, and now my ABS light is flashing??