2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

locker or spool?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:39 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeboy7
I still think what i want still i dont think i going to do a spool i been talking to one of me friends that had one so now it between the tru track or the locker you were talking about. The only thing holding me back on that is because i need a need carrie cause of the gears

Whats so bad about getting a new carrier? There not that expensive... cheaper than a spool. The aussie fits inside an open carrier.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 97ram5.2
does aussie locker make them for the rear of are trucks in the app chart it just says dodge front and how reliable are they cause im deff interested in these

I haven't done a ton of research on them, but most things I hear about them are all good.

They don't make one for the 9.25 that I know of.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by olyelr
Whats so bad about getting a new carrier? There not that expensive... cheaper than a spool. The aussie fits inside an open carrier.
Since we are on the topic of carriers. I got a used one for a member on here and the inside is empty do I need to put anything in there?

Old 01-19-2010, 11:01 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Since we are on the topic of carriers. I got a used one for a member on here and the inside is empty do I need to put anything in there?

Just a lunchbox locker

If not, the spider gears and cross pin will go in there when the gears are set up.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:07 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like I need to find some spider gears. I think it has the cross pin. Idk its been sitting on my floor and now and than I trip over it.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 AM
rczanstke
Professional

Originally Posted by olyelr
Guess you wont know till you try Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning it by any means, as it is not good for the driveline... but, I'm just saying. At that age, who cares hahahahahha

You do know overdrive works in 4lo too, right? I have used it a fair amount down in the silver lake sand dunes. Its nothing to hit 35-40 MPH in 4lo in overdrive, and its not like the RPM's are raging either.
I wasn't aware you could turn overdrive on/off while in 4lo. I rarely turn overdrive off, as I rarely tow stuff. I've never thought of turning off overdrive while in 4lo, or 4hi for that matter.

Then again, I've never really attempted to go that fast in 4lo.

Either way, I stand corrected.

And I apologize for going off topic again.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:17 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rczanstke
I wasn't aware you could turn overdrive on/off while in 4lo. I rarely turn overdrive off, as I rarely tow stuff. I've never thought of turning off overdrive while in 4lo, or 4hi for that matter.

Then again, I've never really attempted to go that fast in 4lo.

Either way, I stand corrected.

And I apologize for going off topic again.

You didn't really get corrected by any means... just learned some more info. Your comment about my comment saying something about going 80MPH in 4lo was pretty much spot on. I don't think that would be possible. Sometimes I let my sarcasm get the best of me.

And as far as getting off topic... were all pretty good at that lately hahahahahah

Quick Reply: locker or spool?