2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Low Beams not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 04:45 PM
Lyla Unperishable
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low beams not working

Originally Posted by rocoforce
Hi, I'm new to this site and hope someone can guide me to the right area or is able to help fix my problem. I have a 2001 Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel and it's been a champ up until this fall when I crossed the 100,000 mile marker. At first, my low beam headlights seemed to quit working, then they would be OK.
When they would not work, I could switch over to the high beams and then back, usually it would fix the problem. I looked at a wiring diagram for the multifunction switch and figured it must just be a bad switch. Got a new multifunction switch from AutoZone ($59) and installed it with no problems. The lowbeams seemed to work normal again, but for just a day. Has anyone else had this issue and what was the fix? I've seen where someone said it was a loose cable, but which one? It appears that the controls to the headlights are all "Ground" related. Is it possible to hardwire a new ground with a relay and have the lowbeams on all the time, even when the highbeams are triggered? Thanks, looking forward to many great responses.

i have a 1997 Dodge Ram and the low beam headlights are not working. I’ve already replaced the multi function switch and it worked for a few days then started doing the same thing again where only the brights and the fog lights work. How do I fix this?

Quick Reply: Low Beams not working