2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm outta here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010 | 05:23 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

I'm just speechless, really I am, I wanted to pick at his brain, i know he knows more about these v10's then i do, i'm just overwhelmed that a couple of bad apples spoiled the lot or however that goes. gots to go.

Old 02-20-2010 | 06:18 PM
Ram_Me
Captain

Very sorry to see you go Miami. I'll miss you... I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Old 02-20-2010 | 06:32 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

I did more than my fair share of butting heads with the man but.... He did do a GOOD job. Thank you for your time on here Rick.

Max

Add just to add something I never went to an admin because of you. I still have respect for you wether you do or don't have any for me.

Last edited by dodge15004x45.9; 02-20-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2010 | 07:31 PM
halfamil
All Star

Take it easy Miami, your a very good moderator.I guess there isn't much demand for them these days. I sure you'll find something else very quickly, if you haven't already.Talk to you down the road somewhere.

Old 02-20-2010 | 10:33 PM
xray99
Banned

Well hell, I've had a run in or two with Miami I think, but he seems a stand up guy, and there are certainly [at least 2] mods I would have liked to seen canned before him.
Not knowing the details of this its hard to judge, but anyone would see such a demotion as a lack of confidence, and perhaps a backhand slap in the face, so I don't blame him for leaving.

I agree that newbies shouldn't be belittled or punked, that seems to happen quite often here.
If there is a post asking what may be considered a dumb question, or has already been asked 1,001 times, simply don't answer it.
If no one answers, then they'll be compelled to search - But saying "Hasn't anyone taught you how to search yet" or something just bumps the thread, and makes the poster feel like a dumb ***.

Old 02-20-2010 | 11:15 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

One thing to keep in mine with "dumb questions" is that the person asking doesn't know the answer, so it is not a dumb question to them. So they aren't dumb questions as long as they aren't a common sense deal though, like someone asking if it would be ok to drive to a tire shop with a flat tire to get it fixed, or drive through a roof deep river or something like that.

Old 02-20-2010 | 11:30 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran

How about a section at the top of the forum that says "easy truck fixes here" in big bold letters make it stick out like a sour thumb and put all the plenum, tranny, yadda yadda yadda stuff in there???????????

Old 02-20-2010 | 11:34 PM
Miami_Son
|
Banned

Originally Posted by ericemery
Miami, wherever you end up, I wish you luck and good fortune.

But saying that you came back and didn't have powers is a flat out lie. Keep vilifying the mods and admins, but you know and we know that there were discussions about how you were moderating. There were plenty of times where we all talked about how things were handled.
Since you're calling me a liar, I will respond with the actual truth. I was advised once by Pyro shortly after I was made a mod that I was being too aggressive. I complied. Back in November I heard from Hammer that there were some complaints and again I pulled back. That was the last I heard of anything officially from anyone and the total extent of any so-called "discussions."

Yesterday morning I was very active in the forum answering questions and beaming about my recent new tires and wheels purchase. I went away for an hour or so and when I got back there was a PM from Hammer that my mod powers had been taken away and he had already posted in 2nd Gen that I had been replaced. I was given no warning it was going to happen, and no chance to make a gracious exit on my own and step down voluntarily. I was basically hung out to dry for all to see. No one cared if they were going to embarass me, in fact, I think that's exactly what was wanted. That was despicable.

So spin it any way you want to. The fact remains that you guys handled this like a bunch of jerks and if you are now looking like it to the rest of the forum members, you deserve it.

Last edited by Miami_Son; 02-20-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2010 | 11:41 PM
Hammer Down
Veteran

I've had several occasions where i didn't agree entirely with Miami. He's deleted a few of my posts that I felt didn't need such harsh treatment. I've also noticed that he doesn't seem to have much of a filter (for lack of a better term). However, we need guys like him. While the rookies all need a fair chance, not everyone needs to be huggably nice to every newbie and knuckelhead that wanders onto this forum. More people should speak their minds like Rick.

Sorry it turned out this way, man. Don't let this disagreement discourage you from the DF. Either way, all the best to you.

Quick Reply: I'm outta here!