2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What does this hose do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:44 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

yea when/if i do more to my truck im going to run all the vents as high as i can.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:33 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yep, there is a vent on top of the trans as well. that one is just open to atmosphere.... great plan.... NOT.

On my last 4x4, I tied the rear axle vent, tranny vent, front axle vent, and T-case vent, all into the same line, ran it up into the cowl, where the HVAC inlet ducting is, and put the neat little cap on the end there. I could drive thru water that lapped up on the hood, and everything would stay nice and clean.... well, on the inside at least....... just had to keep the 'bow wave' going, so I didn't drown the engine. the snorkel came later.... but, never was necessary, I tried to stay out of water that made that kind of thing necessary...... Tried......
what an excellent and innovative idea! Wish I could get the ambition to do something like that haha

Quick Reply: What does this hose do?