2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

any ideas how 2 fix this gap

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:21 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
NO. do not simply "drill new holes" find out the cause of it, theres no telling what could be drilled into, and he doesnt need any extra unneeded holes

you keep saying youre a mechanic and such, yet i see alot of posts with the similar sense to them
Mechanics are paid to fix things FAST. Not exactly properly. :P

Old 06-07-2010, 01:16 AM
GC99RAM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to say this, but if it is like that on both sides and judging on how the gaps are, I would say you got a little frame damage. Looking at the alignment from the top to bottom, it shows that there is something else out of alignment and the whole front end was just following suite.

I've replaced the fenders on my Ram (PITA if anybody hasn't attempted that yet) and I can tell you that there isn't much there that could flex and cause that kind of gap differences. Taking the bolts out and trying to realign the fender will not net you the differences to even the gaps up. You have to understand that there is a metal wheel well housing that is spot welded to the fender and it would take quite a bit to move the fenders that much.

I personally thing you need to take it to a frame shop and see what they think.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 AM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GC99RAM
I hate to say this, but if it is like that on both sides and judging on how the gaps are, I would say you got a little frame damage. Looking at the alignment from the top to bottom, it shows that there is something else out of alignment and the whole front end was just following suite.

I've replaced the fenders on my Ram (PITA if anybody hasn't attempted that yet) and I can tell you that there isn't much there that could flex and cause that kind of gap differences. Taking the bolts out and trying to realign the fender will not net you the differences to even the gaps up. You have to understand that there is a metal wheel well housing that is spot welded to the fender and it would take quite a bit to move the fenders that much.

I personally thing you need to take it to a frame shop and see what they think.
Me too.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:26 AM
ghost4321
Professional

Me three.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:58 PM
NAILS
Rookie

Well by all means correct me if im wrong. if the frame was bent an inch anywere would it not affect the driving/tire wear/handleing??

Old 06-10-2010, 12:08 AM
ghost4321
Professional

Not if it's bent in front the suspension and steering mounting points.

Quick Reply: any ideas how 2 fix this gap