2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi Swap into a 2nd Generation Ram

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 AM
DDIRI
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not as much fabricating as you would think. I swapped everything over wiring harness dash powertrain everything.

does anyone have the power door locks diagram for the 97 I've got the windows figured out but the door locks are still a mystery. I also need to know which wire runs power to the brake lights on the hemi. I have the turn signals working front and rear but not the rear parking lights or the brake lights.

I have power to my fuel pump figured. Turns out I had a missing ground. Any help guys I appreciate it.

hey hemidak do you have the wiring diagram for the 03 hemi?

Last edited by jasonw; 06-02-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Merging double posts.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:38 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The Hemi wiring diagrams 03'-04' should still be posted on my thread, Hemi Dakota Swap with pics....
As for the power door lock diagram, I can only go back to 2002..The differance would be wire color, everything else should be the same..If you need it let me know..
Brake lights..
From Tail Light in the rear of the truck."NOTE"-The color might be differant, but should go to the same place..
Left -turn/tail/stop signal...
grn/rd-Tail Turn goes to:Fron controll module..grn/rd..
pink/violet-running lights-goes to park lamp relay... pink/voilet.."Ground"..
wt/green-Tail Stop Light- goes to- Front controll module..

Right-turn/tail/stop signal...
brown/red-Tail light R-turn..To front controll module..bn/rd..
bk/yl-Ground.
blue/white--Tail light "Stop"..TO: Front controll module..
ppl/bk- Tail light "Back up"..To- Backup lamp TO:Transmission Range sensor.

I don't know if this will help,I hope so....

Old 05-21-2011, 05:41 PM
DDIRI
Professional

I found the system wiring for my 97. I just need door wiring for the hemi. I will look at the wires after work tomorrow. And let you know.

Ok I got my 6.1 valve springs yesterday. So I'm hopefully going to be swapping out my old springs on Tuesday next week. Pictures to follow.

I ended up buying one of weedahoe's valve spring compressor tools poor guy broke his hand so I am waiting for it to get here then I'm swapping my springs. I also found a complete stock air intake setup, hemi hat and air box, but I need to find the throttle body seal ring that joins the air hat to the TB. I'm thinking of doing a custom cold air joining the Hemi air hat to where my old intake took air from outside and ditching the stock intak and filter. I just wanted it to say HEMI on top of the motor. I also got crazy and painted my valve covers something to speak to the nature of the build.

Last edited by DDIRI; 07-31-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-06-2011, 05:16 PM
DDIRI
Professional

Hey does anyone on here know how I can get my ECM flashed to my Vin? My dealership is giving me the run around because I bought it with a bill of sale and don't have a title for the transplant.

I found a mobile guy that Vin Flashed my ECM for $35. I did accidentally plug in my Transponder so I activated the skim program on my replacement ECM. Now I have to either pay $150 to a locksmith to come out and program me a new set of keys, or I get to spend $125 and send my ECM to these guys http://autocomputerperformance.com/and have them remove the program all together. Im thinking for added security I'm just going to pay a mobile locksmith.

Got a quote from these guys http://www.sosdiagnostics.com/ $150 to remove the SKIM feature, $250 to program a set of keys to my skim. both require shipping the computer to them.

Last edited by DDIRI; 08-01-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:15 AM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

That sux - did you get it figured out yet ?

Old 08-04-2011, 02:09 AM
matt72991
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah did you ever get her to fire up?? i love the 3rd gen dash. i would like to just swap the dash into my 97.. maybe. eventually in my non existent free time.. oh well

Old 08-04-2011, 04:52 AM
DDIRI
Professional

She fired and died because of the skim key missing. I too love the third hen dash. I need to do some fiberglass pieces on the sides to seal up the two inch gap by the doors other than that it looks pretty factory. I need to find someone to program chipped keys for under 75 a key. Then I'm set. I want to keep the skim for theft prevention. I also need to make my brake lines running from the controller and to the junction on the frame. I need to find the air hat seal ring for the TB and buy a new trans cooler I broke mine. Baby is gonna be here soon so I'm not sure when I'm going to find time to do it all. I'm just slowly plugging away at it she's become my obsession.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:08 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

Dammit man DDIRI I'M sorry man. My computer crashed and I couldn't get online for a while and I forgot about you . The ECM and TCM I sent you is not a key security model. What you need to set up you're system is the Vin number to the truck it came out of. It's on the receipt I got when I bought the computer from Spalding..I'll find it" NOW" and send it..That would have saved you a lot of headache ....I didn't need to do that with mine , I guess that's why I forgot about it. Once I hooked mine up, That was it..I had some problems figuring out where all three ASD gn/or wires went , and that caused it not to run at first..
You said it fired up, then shut down ? That don't sound like security ..Do you have a security system warning showing up on the dash ?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:14 PM
DDIRI
Professional

Yeah the light is flashing. My donor has the securtity transponder on it and I guess when you plug in a non security ECM it writes the software to the computer if you have the transponder plugged in. I didn't know that and I did have it plugged. Now it has skim written to it, dumb I know. So my options are buy a new ecm without security, have the security removed from ecm I have now or find someone who can program skim keys.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:43 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

I thought you bought that ECM From me.

Quick Reply: Hemi Swap into a 2nd Generation Ram