2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi Swap into a 2nd Generation Ram

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:37 PM
DDIRI
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All my wires run to the hemi PDC I didn't cut and splice any of the pdc wires from the computer. I swapped out the dash and I just spliced my lights and door controls into the hemi harness. Do you have the cover for the hemi pdc? I need the fuse and relay layout my lid was broken and didn't have the diagram.

I don't have any white plugs any where which ones are you talking about.

this is my PDC Am I missing any relays or fuses?
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by jasonw; 06-02-2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Merging double posts.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,214 Likes on 2,965 Posts

You are missing an image.......

Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 PM
DDIRI
Professional

I think the image uploader added extra [img] brackets for me

Old 04-14-2011, 07:03 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,214 Likes on 2,965 Posts

Yep. Shows now. That's pretty crowded...... I see sockets with wires, but, no relays?

I don't have anything to compare it to though....

Old 04-16-2011, 03:23 PM
DDIRI
Professional

Update

I'm now throwing

P0627 fuel pump relay circuit control.
On top of the other two codes. 0113 and 0517 my fuel pump seems to have stopped working can't hear if its pumping and it has really bad fuel pressure almost nill. Anyone know how to reset the fuel pump relay circuit.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:20 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh. I may be able to help. I once disconnected the inertia switch on an 03 ranger with my foot. It was under the dash on the passenger side. The truck acted like it had a bad fuel pump, and we even bought a new one and were ready to put it in. So we tested the old fuel pump and it was good. Eventually we found out about the switch.

Not sure if the ram had something similar, but its meant to shut off the fuel pump in the even of a roll over. Thats what the ranger thought happened when my big foot disconnected it. If it had one, you will need to replace or reset it, considering your truck had been rolled.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:43 PM
DDIRI
Professional

I have been doing some research I think I have a broken valve spring. The blow back from the TB is what makes me think it is a valve spring.

Thanks wontaccept I looked into it but the ram doesn't have an inertia switch

Last edited by jasonw; 06-02-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Merging double posts.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 AM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default fuel pump wire

Originally Posted by DDIRI
Thanks wontaccept I looked into it but the ram doesn't have an inertia switch
I know you don't like cutting and splicing wires- But look at these two on MY thread diagram.I'm not home I'm in Fl...and can help you more when I get home- But for now---TRACE these wires..The wire from the fuel pump is blue "I think" But the one from a 2003 ECM is Blue with white stripe ..Find the wire and hot wire it to the battery, IF you hear the fuel pump hum Then there's no power to it when you turn on the ignition..I will write you when I get home and we'll go through it together, I'll know more when I can look at my wire diagrams..

Old 04-25-2011, 02:53 AM
DDIRI
Professional

Thanks hemidak I will do that tomorrow. The pump runs when the key is on acc. Not sure if it runs when I crank it over my motor is kind of torn apart right now. I had a sticking valve.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 PM
dodgecharged
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it deffintely is possible to do, like one buddy said you will have to swtich over the entire wire harness there should be 2 different harnesses. the bolt in should be simple you will deffinetly have to custom fab engine mounts and move parts around, if your not dropppin an engine and tranny from your 03 to ur 97 or w.e will not take the abuse from the hemi... you need the full setup.. your gonna have to reprogram ur comptuer and do so seriouse wiring and sensor changes..like ur exhaust 02 sensors will register different readings cause those hemis are ment to run as clean as possible where ur 360 is ment to run like a gas pot.. i have the same scenario i have a 05 5.7 hemi with 140,000k on it i wrote it off and im gonna drop the hemi in my 98 dodge with a 318 in it... i need input as well i hope this helped you... a lottttt of custom fabbing required and hours an hours of labour..make sure there both 2x4 or 4x4 and there both autos or manuals or it wont work..good luck but it is possible

Quick Reply: Hemi Swap into a 2nd Generation Ram