2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC compressor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:31 PM
nmanchester
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you do it replace the acumulator and the o rings make sure you get the appriate oil that is needed, get one that has a leak detection dye in it that way if you have any problems down the road you will be able to find the leaks. after you put the new parts in take it to a shop to have evac. and recharged its simplier that way. plus since your goin to advanced auto, go online and seach for coupon codes and order parts online for in store pick up it will save some money that way. thats what i do

Old 02-24-2012, 05:42 PM
miknwv
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting ready to do this myself, and was wondering if it can be evac'ed with an air compressor and an air blow fitting on the end of it.

Plus, I read something about having to replace the condenser. Is this a must? Or is it just something that if I don't do, I'll be doing all of this again within a year?

Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No. It takes a vacuum pump to pull low enough. Condensoer is probably OIK, but change the drier any time you open an AC system. Most compressor warranties require new drier for comp warranty to be effective. You'll need a receipt for it.

Quick Reply: AC compressor replacement