2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS light on only ... Truck stuck in 1st gear !

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Kevin G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still in Trouble, Truck not Shifting after 2 years park in my wharehouse

Hey Guys !

My truck has been running fine since my last post ... Since yesterday I'm having the same problem again, and this time, I cleaned everything and nothing improved !!!

Same symptoms :

ABS ligth ON
No speedo
Truck is not shifting at all (Stays in 1st gear)

Good to know :

Rear Axle Sensor Brand New (Changed twice)
Truck has shifted once to 2nd and 3 gear for 2 minutes driving around on my last test drive and got back to first gear right after...

Questions :

Is the ABS Sensor from the front wheels may be related to my shifting problem ? I changed the passenger one couple of days before this problem appears by an after market one...

Any ideas ????

Thanks

Old 12-05-2012, 07:20 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

the front sensor, it shouldnt be an issue
But you can check them they should be around 1000 ohm IIRC.( i have the #s posted somewhere here LOL)
Since you changed it before, I wont have to tell you where it plugs in

Just to be sure make sure you have the front sensor wire routed properly and the rotor isn't cutting into the wire, because that will throw some error codes to your ABS module

Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 AM
dondons1984
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if none of these help I took mine into dodge and the mechanic looked under my steering column and found a bad connector that came loose. check all yours.

Quick Reply: ABS light on only ... Truck stuck in 1st gear !