2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift Kit Modification Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Medicus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to grind it down at the constant velocity joint. It would start to bind up and clink. I had to grind out a lot of the bracing inside it so that it would be able to rotate freely. I don't think that it would have been a problem if my truck was extended cab like yours or automatic and longer. I have never done any rated trails but if I had to guess from what I have seen on tv they were tops low 4's. I haven't done anything serious with is since I lifted it. I like to have a reliable trail ride and it hasn't gotten there yet.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:36 AM
KY BIGRAM
Veteran

I was curious about the joint. I think that contributed to busted T-case housing so be careful going higher. I have an extended front shaft, running a DC 6" long arm kit and 39.5" IROKS. For trails, I don't want to go any higher, But I'm sure you don't want to trim on the body either.

Sharp truck...

Old 10-08-2010, 03:46 AM
crawlin95
Professional

If it where me i would stick with the heighth your at now and just do stuff like flip you current shackle bracket you will have to trim bed suport and throw some teraflex shacles on it then put a long arm up front and call it good. if i was to go bigger though it would be strictly a mud truck i would four link the rear re index tcase, full hydro steer and top it all off with coilovers at all four corners. but thats if i only liked playing in mud and had money falling out of my truck everytime i opened the doors.

Quick Reply: Lift Kit Modification Ideas