2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Frustrated to the max with my Dodge..............

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:07 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey since the put the engine so far back they made it really easy to take the whole thing out, its actually one of the easier trucks to pull the motor and tranny together

Old 10-14-2010, 11:39 PM
MikesHemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This Is my second Ram and Ive always had "little" expensive strange things go wrong. I am head over heals for my truck and love the **** out of it.... The Tach doesnt track right.......Yeah I idle at 100rpms.....LMAO and I need to change a front wheel bearing, but I think its the most attractive truck out there period. my work truck is a Ford F550 and I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE OUT OF IT! It spends more time in the shop than I do driving it. And were talking 2 turbos, tranny, heads........serious stuff!......... Ill take my "little" problems any day over that!

Old 10-16-2010, 03:57 PM
MaxPower1971
Professional

Well I finally got around to change my cap rotor and distributor pick-up....and
SHE FIRED RIGHT UP!!!!! took her for a 30-40 miles run and she runs like a charm....

so as a recap, here's what I did:

Plugs and wires: still no start
Gas in Throttle body: no start
Changed coil: no start
Came on DF to bitch at Dodges: still no start but lots of sympathy ;P
changed cap rotor and distributor pick-up (camshaft position sensor) :VROUUUUMMMMMMMMM

Thanx to all who helped and encouraged me....

Old 10-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Road Hammer
Professional

Originally Posted by MaxPower1971
guys...mine too still has all the original ''big'' parts....The source of my frustration comes from the fact that maintenance was made very difficult on these trucks due to positionning of certain parts.....
As others have noted, all brands have their "issues". I used to have a 1997 F150 with the 4.2L V6, try changin ignition wires and plugs on that SOB !!
The distributor is WAAAAYYYY under the firewall, the damn ignition wires run under/behind the distributor, but there is a freakin 4" spacer ON THE FAN !! WTF??
It would seem to damn easy to me to move that engine/trans assembly ahead a couple of inches and make life easy..........that's probably why I never get to design anything.........too much common sense.........LOL

Old 10-16-2010, 07:54 PM
MaxPower1971
Professional

Yeah I heard about that...someone mentionned Ford was quoting 3 HOURS to do plugs and cap on certain models...

I really only worked on GM's and Dodges before...I never owned anything else....But the older Chevy's I used to have my plows on (actually I still have an 84 c-15 here that I'm toying with) were MUCH easier to work on, but the trannys in those trucks are HORRIBLE to plow with....they just don't hold up hard work and towing. But they are WAY easier to work on than today's machines.

I mean really....that thing sat in my drive for almost 2 years without starting, and when I went to move it last year she fired right up......

Quick Reply: Frustrated to the max with my Dodge..............