2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trans line check valve symptom???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:53 AM
98BlueSport
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
+1. And I'll add that if you added Lucas to it, a rebuild is in your imminent future.

Lucas is a stop gap to fix leaky seals. It swells and softens them to the point where break up and clog the internals. I have no idea how long it'll run with it in there, but it will fail, and most shops will charge you extra to clean that crap out.
Put that lucas **** in my Th400 that backs a Mildly Built Pontiac 400 that is puttin out roughly 425hp and 460 ftlbs and it lasted one year, but at the same time, one year only meaning about 4 months that the car was driven.

Good luck with the Lucas junk.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:45 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkdOuT98Ram
edit - Stopping, putting it in park for a moment, and then back to drive has "fixed" the problem at times, but other times I also have to shut the engine down and start back up for her to come back to normal.

That is clearly a symptom of a bad Governor sensor and governor solenoid.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:33 PM
BlkdOuT98Ram

Originally Posted by 98BlueSport
Put that lucas **** in my Th400 that backs a Mildly Built Pontiac 400 that is puttin out roughly 425hp and 460 ftlbs and it lasted one year, but at the same time, one year only meaning about 4 months that the car was driven.

Good luck with the Lucas junk.
and at the same time I know plenty of people who have put it in their Dodges and NEVER had a problem with their tranny's, not even a hint of trouble... so...

Old 10-28-2010, 11:11 PM
BlkdOuT98Ram

Originally Posted by zman17
That is clearly a symptom of a bad Governor sensor and governor solenoid.
$hitty! I was liking the idea of the tv cable binding... lol But yeah, it's like a valve is sticking. I venture to say, the guy I bought the truck from probably never had it down over half throttle. He never drove it far, and isn't the type to "clean out the spark plugs once in a while" like I am... lol

Quick Reply: Trans line check valve symptom???