2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ambient Temperature Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 02:49 PM
XxCandymanxX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no crispy fuses in my truck. So I'm completely lost with why I have my indication lights, headlights, and glove box light. But no park or tail lights, no cluster lights or on dash lights, and my fog light indicator is working backwards...(Little green light for fogs is on when they are turned off, but off then the fogs are on) Battery never drops under 14V on the gauge even with the radio up. Worked fine with the radio and everything for a few days.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

Do ANY of the rear lights work? (aside from the brake lights turning on the parking lamps...)

Old 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
XxCandymanxX

I have my reverse lights and that's about it. Well I hope I have them haha. I know I got rear blinkers (Haven't been hit yet)

Old 11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Check all connections for the rear lights. I think there is a connector on the underside of the cab somewhere for the rear harness, also, check all grounds on that harness. (I think there might be some in the back....)

You also might want to pull some bulbs, and verify with a meter whether or not you are getting power back there.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:26 PM
XxCandymanxX

I think someone said something about a multifunction switch too? This all happened after a large chunk of my dashboard broke off and fell into it. But I'll have to check grounds and everything tomorrow. Cause it's almost 7:30 and cold lol.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:02 PM
XxCandymanxX

But I am absolutely confused.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Take the covers off of your steering column around the turn signal lever. (which is what operates the multifunction switch.......) Seems the wires have a tendency to pull out of the connectors, especially on trucks with tilt wheel. Check and see if you have any pulled, broken, or shorted wires there.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:06 PM
XxCandymanxX

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Take the covers off of your steering column around the turn signal lever. (which is what operates the multifunction switch.......) Seems the wires have a tendency to pull out of the connectors, especially on trucks with tilt wheel. Check and see if you have any pulled, broken, or shorted wires there.
Alright thanks. I'ma take a look tomorrow cause I get out early. Maybe this truck will love me for once.

Quick Reply: Ambient Temperature Sensor?