2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bodylift questions....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010 | 06:52 PM
bigblueNJ
|
Default Bodylift questions....

So I am looking into raising my truck a little higher. Currently as it stands it has about a 5" suspension lift on 37" tires. I am looking to do a 2" bodylift and was wondering if anybody had any experience with these kits. The kit I am looking at is from suspensionconnection.com (http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...uscon/672.html). It looks pretty cut and dry, I was just looking to see if anybody had any pictures of 98's with the 2" kits installed, and any insight.

Also planning on doing 1" wheel spacers and probably 38s.

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-27-2010 | 08:51 PM
TheBigRedOne

Wheel spacers on grossly overside tires, and an obnoxiously tall lift. Dear God people are scary.

Old 11-27-2010 | 08:56 PM
bigblueNJ
|

"obnoxiously tall lift"? My truck just taller than a 2500..... 5" lift with a 2" body is hardly a "obnoxiously tall lift." I didnt ask for criticism on what I wanted to do, I asked for any info from people who have done it. My truck is hardly big. Keep your bs to yourself, typical internet spooner I see.

Old 11-27-2010 | 09:02 PM
bigblueNJ
|

Next to a stock Ford F250, and stock for F150...

Old 11-27-2010 | 09:10 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain

Really....if a guy wants to lift his truck and put some larger tires why is that a problem for you ? Here is a pic of my 95 with a 5" suspension and 35" s . Before and after the 3" body lift .
[IMG][/IMG]

And here is one the day after the body lift was installed out for a test run .
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-27-2010 | 09:25 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain

[IMG][/IMG]

This one? lol ... yeah it works great and made a huge difference in handling . the only thing i don't like about it is...it's the first thing to hook up on roots and rocks .

Old 11-27-2010 | 09:26 PM
bigblueNJ
|

Wow, huge difference looks great. I think im only going to go for 2", and I always think single cab trucks look bigger when you lift them up... maybe because they are smaller? All that lift even with the 35s looks good, maybe I can just stick with the 37s.

You ever look into the dual front shock kit they make for our trucks? I get a little wheel hop in the front and was thinking of picking up the kit, they are around $150 plus 2 shocks.

Old 11-27-2010 | 09:26 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain

[IMG][/IMG]

This one? lol ... yeah it works great and made a huge difference in handling . the only thing i don't like about it is...it's the first thing to hook up on roots and rocks .

Old 11-27-2010 | 09:39 PM
bigblueNJ
|

No, im talking about the actual shock setup (suspension) I believe Tuff Country makes it....

I have the single steering shock setup, and I was looking into getting the dual because my steering still walks a little with the bigger rim/tire package especially.

Old 11-27-2010 | 09:47 PM
TheBigRedOne

Originally Posted by bigblueNJ
"obnoxiously tall lift"? My truck just taller than a 2500..... 5" lift with a 2" body is hardly a "obnoxiously tall lift." I didnt ask for criticism on what I wanted to do, I asked for any info from people who have done it. My truck is hardly big. Keep your bs to yourself, typical internet spooner I see.
Wtf is a spooner? A lift on a lift is dumb. Lift as little as you can to clear a larger tire. If you're already running huge tires, you arent going to gain anything by making the truck higher. (And raising the center of gravity I might add)

Originally Posted by bigblueNJ
No, im talking about the actual shock setup (suspension) I believe Tuff Country makes it....
This is an actual shock setup:

This is not:

That tuff country crap is a joke.

I build suspension, and fabricate for a living. I've installed literally hundreds of toy lifts, and repaired almost as many. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Quick Reply: Bodylift questions....