2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My '96 2500 Overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Girly TT
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ugly1
I'd bet that by throwing the 1 in there you've triggered the mostly unintelligent electronic morals police to censor the word as being a potential cuss word. In other words in the way others have spoofed the allowance of cusswords by misspelling with numbers looking like letters, the newer generation policing software likely filters all such words being to dumb to know a cuss word from a politically correct albeit purposefully misspelled word.

Just guessing though.
huh??..... I threw the 1 in there because otherwise it censors the word out to a bunch of stars... and I can't very well ask a question about why ******* is censored... when the basic act of spelling it, gets censored... so, rather than fight the damn thing, I put a 1 in there....

Old 10-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe I made a bad guess???

Old 10-12-2011, 05:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Some of the words that are censored here have me scratching my head as well.... why that particular one is on the list is absolutely beyond me....... Notta clue.

Looks like your oil pump swallowed something it shouldn't have, and the gears paid the price.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Hans_GZP
Veteran

The pan was dropped not more than 200 miles ago while doing the trans. No sludge or blockage. So, it could just be fatigue from the mileage. I really have no idea.

And Emilie has a good sense of humor. She works in a garage full of guys.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Girly TT
Veteran

quoted the update from another forum we're on:

Originally Posted by Hans@GZP
Well, the oil pump grenaded 2 weeks ago and the starter went out.... both at the same time LOL. So, in typical me fashion, I bought the new oil pump gears, rear oil pump cover, gaskets/seals.... dove into the truck and remembered the sloppy steering it had. So, I got a new Borgeson steering box and steering shaft, reman'd power steering pump, new power steering lines, and a dual steering stabilizer setup. We also fixed up the trailer wiring and got a new progressive trailer brake controller that plugs into the factory harness. The old trailer brake controller was hacked in with wires running the length of the truck. The factory plug was unused and tucked behind the fuse box. It's so silly not to use it because of a $10 harness adapter.

I also installed a 4.56 gear set in the rear. Got a whole 150 miles on it before the oil pump crapped out. I still have to do the front, but that's going to have to wait another few weeks. This truck is just a lift ornament, and I need to get this thing making money for me first haha.

Here's a pic of the dual steering stabilizers. It's a skyjacker kit. I bought a set of blue boots for the shocks because the red would clash . Installing the kit was a major PITA because of the plow mount. Hopefully we will have a plow for that mount next week to make keeping it worth the hassle.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Hans_GZP
Veteran

Got the Borgeson steering gear box and shaft in, along with the steering column bushing yesterday. Hoping to have the rest of the engine back together on Monday so I can see how it all works. Still thinking about getting the steering box brace, but I want to see how tight the steering got just from doing these few things.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Hans_GZP
Veteran

Tried loosening the control arm alignment bolts and the one was seized in place. So, new urethane bushings are ordered for the control arms, sway bar, and track bar along with the Timbren rear suspension kit. Also, ordered up new crank and rod bearings because I fear that the issue I had with the new torque converter may have caused the oil pump to fail... which would put stress/wear on the thrust bearings. So, instead of chancing it, I will replace them all.

One day we will be able to drive this thing without worrying....

Old 10-24-2011, 07:14 PM
kadetklapp
Veteran

OMG. At this point you might as well pull the heads and freshen them up while you're at it..

Old 10-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Hans_GZP
Veteran

I'll probably buy a wrecked V10 truck to use for spare parts haha. Rebuild the spare engine and turbo it.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

maybe by the time your done it will be as cool as this v10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWnWOIn76yM

Quick Reply: My '96 2500 Overhaul