2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Still having transmission OD troubles...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:25 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J415
If your tranny was rebuilt 15000 miles ago, can't you just take it back to the shop that rebuilt it?
Well, I would. But I don't live there anymore. Took it back a few times for other issues before I moved, but this one was never fixed.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Well, I have another idea that a friend at work brought up to me is like to address to you guys for your input. He had a Ford a while back that he had put a high flow muffler on. Well, it decreased his back pressure and caused his truck to lack vacuum. I have an AeroTurbine AT3030 straight-thru muffler. Could this be a possible reason for my problem?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

No. Won't have anything to do with it. The trans is not vacuum modulated in any way shape form or manner. (at least, not to the extent that being on cruise or not will make any difference at all.)

O/D is controlled by the computer. As is the cruise control. I wonder if this isn't a programming issue? If you could slap a tuner onto it, and see if it worked any better, would be interesting......

Old 12-08-2010, 10:31 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
No. Won't have anything to do with it. The trans is not vacuum modulated in any way shape form or manner. (at least, not to the extent that being on cruise or not will make any difference at all.)

O/D is controlled by the computer. As is the cruise control. I wonder if this isn't a programming issue? If you could slap a tuner onto it, and see if it worked any better, would be interesting......
I have a superchip on towing mode right now. It did it on performance and 87 octane modes too. I'll try returning it to stock tomorrow to see of it does anything

Old 12-09-2010, 10:59 AM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Well, turned the superchip back to stock and the problem still persists with excessively low power

Old 12-09-2010, 11:44 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

I wonder if you don't have a small leak in the cruise servo, causing it to slowly back off the gas? Will your tuner allow you to monitor TPS values while in cruise mode?

Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I wonder if you don't have a small leak in the cruise servo, causing it to slowly back off the gas? Will your tuner allow you to monitor TPS values while in cruise mode?
no, mine won't. I tried my bosses auto scanner and it wouldn't either.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Wonder if you could beg/borrow/steal one from the local autoparts store for a bit? The advance auto here has scanners that are capable.... something to check into anyway.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

errrr uggghhhhhh dont use crusie control? i know smart *** reply, seems like i have issues with the tranny sometimes in CC TPS was the first time then acted up a year or two after like it was the TPS again so i just stopped using CC alltogeather........

Old 12-09-2010, 01:45 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Lol if I didn't have to drive so much everyday I wouldn't care. But I tried checking the tps with a voltmeter and the numbers weren't to spec as per Haynes manual. So ill try a new tps tonight and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Still having transmission OD troubles...