2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

title questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah small claims court will cost more the truck is worth...local pd wouldnt even run plates

Old 12-10-2010, 07:57 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Some dates are kinda jacked up on that report.
But my thoughts are that it was involved in a accident in March 2010, was totaled by insurance company (It is a 16 year old truck).
Hence there is no title for it. You could apply for a salvaged title, but you can never sell the vehicle.
I would check with whatever "state agency" is and drop the case # by them and see what comes up.
But the easiest would go for the salvage title.

Accidents Reported on This Vehicle
Accident No. Date First Reported Location
1 03/10/2003 MO
2 12/17/2008 LEBANON, MO

State Agency FRONT IMPACT WITH A PARKED VEHICLE (Case #:0030043253)
07/28/2003 STEELVILLE, MO

State Agency FRONT IMPACT WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE (Case #:0080136517)
03/23/2010 LEBANON, MO

Old 12-10-2010, 08:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

You can still sell a vehicle with a salvage title. At least, its legal here..... just basically halves the value.

Could apply for a lost title? I have done the mechanics lien a few times. (I was running the shop..... part of my job.) The owners get a chance to respond, with a time limit...... if they don't respond, you get a title. If the vehicle originally had a salvage title, it will be so noted on the new one. If the guy responds, at least it opens the door for communication.

Small claims here is only like a 25 dollar filing fee. However, you need an address where the person is supposed to be served..... and that is part of the problem here.

Isn't his name/address listed on the registration for the plate that is currently on the truck?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:28 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

the plates that are on the truck currently are listed to a different name i got a uncle out of florida to run the plates finally...the plates come back to the truck but to a diffent name than the guy i bought it from it does come back to a person from lebanon mo so i sent a letter via snail mail hope to hear back from them soon

Old 12-10-2010, 09:30 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

as far as the front impact the bumper is barley bent if you look at my post progress on my ram i have pics u can see the front impact damage the bumper is barley bent i wouldnt imagine the truck being totaled

Quick Reply: title questions