2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram Air Intake requires tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zje400ex
mowhawk - I love your hood! I'm still trying to find one for a reasonable price. Cheapest I've found was $575 with the intake kit. I feel like an aftermarket hood just wakes up the look of a truck
575?? whoa, thats a little much. The intake kit for my hood was 200 and the hood itself was 1k. Plus blah blah tax. I agree, aftermarket hoods are pretty sweet.

KSteng: The hood you chose is a pretty BA one, make sure you post pictures and how easy it was to install. Your going to love it, hoods like these always turn heads.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:15 PM
bigslick050
All Star

MowHawk! You have the best looking hood i have seen on a 2nd gen Ram IMO --- Really nice, although i will say lastrights hood is a very very close second

PROPS

Old 12-16-2010, 03:45 AM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker

Well thank you, I just need to update my sig pic with my new halos/projectors. Looks nice.

Ill make u a deal, I'll give you my hood if you give me your 408

Old 12-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NIce hood Steng! Looks kinda like a real, functional, expensive version of my scoops lol! I would love to see some pics of the underside of it, I've still got the idea in my head to fiberglass my scoops on and make them functional somehow, I might try to pick up another hood and butcher it lol..... A grand for a hood is a lot when I could easily spend that elsewhere on the truck, where its needed...

Old 02-05-2011, 10:10 AM
troutangler

The cold air intakes differentiating factor is the principle of the cold air's density. Because the cold air intake system introduces air that is much lower in temperature than standard systems, the air is much condensed (thereby having more oxygen concentration), and enhances the ratio for the oxygen to combust with the fuel. There are various means to achieve this, and differs from each marketed air intake system.cold air intake systems

Old 02-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by troutangler
The cold air intakes differentiating factor is the principle of the cold air's density. Because the cold air intake system introduces air that is much lower in temperature than standard systems, the air is much condensed (thereby having more oxygen concentration), and enhances the ratio for the oxygen to combust with the fuel. There are various means to achieve this, and differs from each marketed air intake system.cold air intake systems
First, that is the simplistic view of cold air intakes, there are many more factors involved that need to be considered. For our trucks, the plenum style of intake manifold negates much of the benefit received from cold air because air is warmed up in the plenum before it ever enters a runner. Ever wonder why most people who buy a regular CAI for our trucks complain that they noticed no performance difference. This is one of the reasons. That's why you almost have to do ram air as the preferable form of cold air on our trucks because that is the only way to continually force air into the plenum to keep temps down long enough to realize the benefit of the cold air once it gets through the runner into a cylinder.

Second, if you posted that link because you are advertising for airintakeandfilter.com, then you are about a post away from a ban.

Last edited by Silver_Dodge; 02-05-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:49 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge

Second, if you posted that link because you are advertising for airintakeandfilter.com, then you are about a post away from a ban.

Name:  OhSnap.gif
Views: 26
Size:  446.3 KB

Old 02-05-2011, 10:53 AM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

Originally Posted by troutangler

Old 02-05-2011, 11:08 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice choosing of hood ! ! i was going to get the same hood a mohowk but i heard alot of problems with fiberglass hoods so i went with the good ole steel just like the steelers are going to win tommorrow

Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh no, here we go. A sure way to take a thread into the dirt is to bring up your Super Bowl predictions (no matter how correct you might be).

Quick Reply: Ram Air Intake requires tuning?