2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS and Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 PM
BamaRam97
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've already replaced the sensor with a new one from NAPA. Oh well, maybe have to get someone else to test it. Will the PCM reboot work? Unhooking the negative cable and turning the lights on or whatever it is.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Probably not. Also, our trucks seem to really dislike aftermarket sensors.......

Old 02-10-2011, 07:40 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

try driving it for a couple of days.
When I did my front sensor the lights would not go away either I unplugged the battery several times. unplugged, replugged the sensor with battery disconnected or connected, drove up and down the driveway.
Then one day I went to work, came home pulled in the garage to work on it, popped the hood the light decided to go out.

I was psyched and went to take it for another spin and try to lock them up.
I got up to about 30MPH and that hood latch recall thingy happened.
My hood flipped back and creased he hood and bent the hinges...
Any way it seems that the ABS had to relearn the tones from the 3 sensors, a DRBIII could have saved me ime and hood hinges...LOL

Not saying this is the case but just see if it may take a day to reset itself, if not start checking the connector and harness to the ABS on the rear diff

Quick Reply: ABS and Brake Light