2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trouble code

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:08 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtruck96
So I went and got the trouble codes erased. But now my GEN light is coming on. WTF
you probably already know this, but just in case you don't, you can clear the codes by resetting the pcm. disconnect negative battery cable and turn on headlights for 30 seconds to drain the memory.

the IAT code sounds like either the wiring is shorted (voltage too high) or open (voltage too low) or the sensor is damaged. i don't think it has anything to do with you moving it, or the place you put it. no matter where it is, it should still register a valid temperature somewhere between -50 and 150F, unless you put it somewhere really really HOT. there is likely a test procedure to either measure input and output voltage, or measure resistance across the sensor pins, but i don't know what exactly you'd be looking for other than a voltage change or reasonable amount of resistance.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Dtruck96
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After having the codes erased the check engine light never came back on again, so I am assuming what ever the problem was it went away. I fixed the gen light by rechecking the nuts on the alt and tightening them up.

Quick Reply: Trouble code