2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fastman & other mods..now no power..help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
trigger29
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Zman thanks, I'm not getting any codes on my computer & if you see below my reply,eeerrrr above, the plenum looked pretty good I thought for the miles any way...but I don't know. I'm going to do a search on blown plenum, but what are the signs of one? Thanks again!!!! -Noel-

Old 01-31-2011, 05:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

magnaflow makes a direct fit high flow cat for around 120.00 bucks.

I run my 5.9 at 035. Which is what the sticker suggested. I don't thing the .005 is going to hurt you any.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by trigger29
on Plugs: Do any of you guys running w/ the 5.9 gap yours at .040? I mean the truck ran fine after I changed them, I don't really think this is an issue, just curious.
Depends on your electrical system. I talked to the apps engineer over at Nology for a while asking what "formula" to use ti find proper plug gap with high performance aftermarket electricals. He was basically saying there is no formula he knew of which really works. He recomended going bigger in 5 thou increments until it doesn't work anymore and back off 5 thou or so. I'm sure you could go really crazy and take one thou steps once you got close to really dial it in. Of course thats a s'load of spark plug removing and installing hah!

I'd also be looking for a bit of a margin of safety too where I backed off ten thou or so from the point it quits working just to ensure it works under broad range of environmental conditions. and potentially go a bit further between plug changes.

Last edited by Ugly1; 01-31-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Fastman & other mods..now no power..help