2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HID Kit MOD Dodge Ram

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 PM
RandyCummins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the low beams and the hid bulbs work only in low beam. When i flip to high beams it has a stock light look given off by the 2nd bulb on the HID bulb. kinda sucks but low beams is all i need with how good they have been working.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:28 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For that price, I'd just go with DDM Tuning lights instead. I've used other more expensive ones, but imo they are about as good as you are going to get unless you move up to Phillip ballasts or similar that aren't made in China.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:11 AM
CappinHoff
Veteran

For this kit can you use the OEM lenses or do you need to get different ones?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:44 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

You can put them in the OEM housings, but you will not get optimum performance, and they will have lots of glare and be blinding to oncoming traffic. As said, it's not really a great idea, but lots of people have done it and they are sure brighter than stock bulbs.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:18 AM
RandyCummins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself. I have aftermarket headlight housings as and the light patterns absolutely sucked.. i tried bulb after bulb, rewired all the wiring thinking that i wasnt getting enough power to the bulbs and that didnt even work... finally i just bought the HID kit. 10x brighter than before but still have a bad light pattern with the housings. Boooo

Old 08-11-2011, 04:29 AM
CappinHoff
Veteran

Can someone point me in the direction of the proper lenses I can use with this kit to work the best.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:07 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Projector housings.

If you have already purchased the lights, either send them back and buy whatever projector housing you like, find out what bulb it takes and reorder the correct bulb HID kit, or attempt to find projector housings that take the style of bulb you have currently purchased.

I have a SONAR brand housing. It's a bit cheap, not the greatest fit, but it works and was only $130 for the pair on Flea-bay. it originally took an H-1 bulb, so I needed an H-1 HID kit to make it work, not a 9004 bulb kit.

The H-1 halogen bulb sucked terribly, HID bulb is brighter than my brights.

Bottom line is HID bulbs are made for projector housings and vice veras. They compliment each other.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:17 AM
CappinHoff
Veteran

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
Projector housings.

If you have already purchased the lights, either send them back and buy whatever projector housing you like, find out what bulb it takes and reorder the correct bulb HID kit, or attempt to find projector housings that take the style of bulb you have currently purchased.

I have a SONAR brand housing. It's a bit cheap, not the greatest fit, but it works and was only $130 for the pair on Flea-bay. it originally took an H-1 bulb, so I needed an H-1 HID kit to make it work, not a 9004 bulb kit.

The H-1 halogen bulb sucked terribly, HID bulb is brighter than my brights.

Bottom line is HID bulbs are made for projector housings and vice veras. They compliment each other.
Basically any of these?
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=200....c0.m270.l1313

Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yep, just don't get a sport model.

IIRC, they were wired wrong from the factory, I think for a 9007 bulb, so I had to switch the blue and black wires.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:11 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Hey has any one with the sonar projectors put HID's in for their brights.

If so how good did it work, I need the all around ability for late night and woods driving and the HID in the projector is better than halogen high, but the cutoff is not offroad friendly.

Quick Reply: HID Kit MOD Dodge Ram