2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

True Dual

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 10:41 PM
MNRAM1500
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drewactual
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscella...austtheory.htm

pretty good article on exhaust theory..

I run a magna flow true x muffler.. gotta maximize the scavenging 'yall- back pressure is a whole other animal, and it's not good in any circumstance..

to the original poster: I run true duals.. I dig it.. everything I did to the exhaust prior to running true duals was a waste- now that said, I bet it would be near as good (for our purposes) by simply getting rid of the factory Y pipe.. that thing is a joke of some sort..
Drewactual do you recommend an x or an h pipe?

Old 02-19-2011, 11:00 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know enough difference to comment on which is better.. this is my first experience with an X pipe, and I've never ran an H pipe.. I've read enough to know that you need one or the other to scavenge properly though- it has 'sumpthin to do with the trailing edge of the pulses and getting the vacuum effect enough to maintain a constant flow.

a matter of fact, the x-pipe I chose is part of a big honkin' muffler..

Old 02-19-2011, 11:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Originally Posted by MNRAM1500
Could you get pics?
Unfortunately, no. I can't. He bought a new truck, and sold his second gen.....

Old 02-20-2011, 02:54 AM
thetypezero
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally when i wanted to run true duals I was wanting to find a 5.9 HD exhaust cause they used 2 cats. and it should have bolted right up, Correct me If I'm wrong. Long story short I ended up going with a magnaflow highflow cat and pipes and circle track mufflers. I still wish i would have went with the 2 cat exhaust.. Reason why I wanted the stock HD exhaust is because I have to run marta every year.

Quick Reply: True Dual