2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Running/Marker Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Thunda23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running/Marker Lights

i recently ordered cab lights which are being installed this up coming week and thinking about bout lights under the bumper and along the sides but not sure how i am to go about mounting them... if you have pictures please share since there are not that many online... and i will be posting pictures of cab light install later on.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:07 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not the greatest picture but you get the general idea. Cab Lights and lights under the bumper are both easy install.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Thunda23

Originally Posted by rwilhelms

Not the greatest picture but you get the general idea. Cab Lights and lights under the bumper are both easy install.

Looks Sweet ... i just went up to the local metal shop and had them bend a 33" peice of stainless and goign to put 5 or 6 lights on that in place of that air deflector .. should have pictures by the end of the week.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran

yeah make sure you post pics everyone likes pictures. The one thing though is do you plan on going off road? I did and ended up ripping that front air dam and all my lights and wiring out. oops I eventually did something like your doing but I ended up making 2 brakets and think I mounted them on bottom of the bumper (dont really remeber it was a couple years ago) Then I mounted a piece of steel with nuts and bolts and had a plug for the lights so if I wanted to go off road all I had to do was unplug and 2 bolts and it was off so I didnt ruin it again. I also ended up ripping my front bumper off when I was buried one time thats why the black bumper is on there.

[/URL]

Old 03-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Thunda23
Angry

Originally Posted by rwilhelms
yeah make sure you post pics everyone likes pictures. The one thing though is do you plan on going off road? I did and ended up ripping that front air dam and all my lights and wiring out. oops I eventually did something like your doing but I ended up making 2 brakets and think I mounted them on bottom of the bumper (dont really remeber it was a couple years ago) Then I mounted a piece of steel with nuts and bolts and had a plug for the lights so if I wanted to go off road all I had to do was unplug and 2 bolts and it was off so I didnt ruin it again. I also ended up ripping my front bumper off when I was buried one time thats why the black bumper is on there.

[/url]

I just got the box with the cab lights from LMC! but wrong ones but i dont do too much off roading except in a couple mud puddles on the side of the road when i see them so hopefully by the end of the week i get the bottom ones on..

Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Andrew2500
Professional

I think I'll jump in this thread and ask a question. What's the best way to wire the lights? I'm thinking of doing red clearance lights under my tailgate. I have no idea how to wire lights and anything I find on this forum doesn't really help me.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Thunda23

Originally Posted by Andrew2500
I think I'll jump in this thread and ask a question. What's the best way to wire the lights? I'm thinking of doing red clearance lights under my tailgate. I have no idea how to wire lights and anything I find on this forum doesn't really help me.
best thing would be to find the lights the Ground through the screw holes... and then just solder or splice all the power(+) wires together and run them to either the headlight switch or a toggle switch..

Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Thunda23

Here are the bottom lights on should get the cab lights by thurs-fri ( hopefully )

Last edited by Thunda23; 03-09-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:24 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran

you should post a pic of it during the day I wanna see the piece of stainless you mounted to

Old 03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Thunda23

just had a local metal shop bend a 90-95 degree bend in 16ga stainless steel cost bout 15 bucks

Attached Thumbnails Running/Marker Lights-fdfffff.jpg  

Quick Reply: Running/Marker Lights