2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:32 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Interior upgrades, no spray paint, lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Mad_Scientist
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nolazach
But I think I can get it cheaper locally...

this is high to me....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...ht_2399wt_1165
$669 for seat covers?!?! GAAAAWWWD D*MN. Is that in yen? Is the leather made from elephant hide and sewn together with pieces of thread from the queen of england's evening gown? Does it grant 50 horsepower through some means of black magic?

Old 03-01-2011, 05:30 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist
$669 for seat covers?!?! GAAAAWWWD D*MN. Is that in yen? Is the leather made from elephant hide and sewn together with pieces of thread from the queen of england's evening gown? Does it grant 50 horsepower through some means of black magic?
It's made from African Lion hide, that is softly coaxed off of them, using the coaxers voice alone......

The finished product will give you a massage while driving, and with the upgrade (for a mere 1000 bucks....) will also give you a hand job.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
nolazach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah even for leather that seems high, I think I can just take my truck to an interior shop and have them make and install new covers for less.

Also it isn't like normal covers, they replace the cloth you have now and go over the foam, but yeah that price isn't right.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Mad_Scientist
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
It's made from African Lion hide, that is softly coaxed off of them, using the coaxers voice alone......

The finished product will give you a massage while driving, and with the upgrade (for a mere 1000 bucks....) will also give you a hand job.
Oh, well in that case, it's a steal... might ought to spring for the lonely man/happy ending upgrade as well lol.

But seriously, that is outrageous. You could probably get it done at an upholstery shop for less that that (and then it would be attached).

Old 03-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Maverick Nos
Rookie

At the time I was strapped for cash so I used my Toshiba Satellite Tablet which was touch screen. I did a whole walk-through when I first did it last September.
Here's the original post.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...e-project.html

I think there are some measurements and a step by step kinda thing

Old 03-03-2011, 10:19 AM
nolazach
Veteran

looks really good, enjoyed checking out your blog as well. Nice pictures of New Orleans, and yes I thought the same thing the first time I saw the Alamo... I was surprised to see it facing a shopping area, with all the city stuff around it, but if you look at its history in the early 1900's they actually had businesses using it for storage and all.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:32 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick Nos
Yea thats what I did. I ripped out the center seat and cut alot of stuff out but here's the finished product.
That is the best looking custom made console I have ever seen! Good Job!

That will be a blueprint of what I want to build. Mine will have a B&M floor shifter where your CB is, 3 gauges (oil psi, trans temp, and vaccum), switches, and a box for storing crap where your computer is.

Last edited by PurplDodge; 03-03-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

I reupholstered the headliner, arm rests, and used Iggee custom molded seat covers for the seats.

The center console shown below is now 3" lower, looks much better and is much more comfy.

Carpet and mats are next.

Name:  P1010178-1.jpg
Views: 12120
Size:  122.8 KB

Name:  w.jpg
Views: 10077
Size:  34.6 KB

Old 03-03-2011, 08:29 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

Dang dude those seat covers look sweet. How hard was it to get them on? did you order the center console cover as well??

Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ramsport97 how hard was it to redo the arm rest in the door? I definatley want to redo mine I hate that stupid color they come stock. If you take the door panel off does that arm rest panel just pop off or whats the deal? Also is it a custom made center console? Is there enough room to tuck a sub in it somewhere cause im definatley looking at doing something like that for my truck.

Quick Reply: Interior upgrades, no spray paint, lol