2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:32 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Interior upgrades, no spray paint, lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:55 PM
nolazach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior upgrades, no spray paint, lol

I'm thinking now with all I've done to my truck I'm just going to keep it forever. I need to have a truck, now and since I woun't be getting anything else, and I'm selling my Jetta soon.

I decided its time to spruce the truck up a bit.

Besides needed mechanical work here and there, I decided I want to put some work into making it look nice.

I'm not at all a fan of the interior. Dodge designers were on something with all these "confetti style" interiors. I've made headliners before with Suede, so I know I can do that.

I want to change up the interior, expecially the seats. I have already replaced my cracked dash.
I need very minor body work (someone bumped me in Walmart, cops wouldn't force him to give up his insurance info as it was a private lot), my bed re-sprayed (Rhino lining failing) and a new Paint job.

Those things, I know are easy to come by.
Last thing in the world I want it a car note. I like buying used upfront, having something new doesn't interest me.

So I guess what I wanted was to see if anyone would post interior or exterior improvements made to their truck...

Starting from that, though I now have a white paint mark on the door, and gas cap area (from rubbing the house backing the boat up) and a small dent on the other door with green paint) FML...

anyway, standard sport interior, with a little hole on the drivers seat where the seat curves down by the door.

I want the upgrades to be nice. Really I want to see interior upgrades, but if you did something cool on the outside, I'd like to see it too.

I'm not saying price is no object, because it is, I wouldn't be driving a 11 year old truck if I were rich. I just want to have a "nice" interior.

Looking at this....

But I think I can get it cheaper locally...

this is high to me....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...ht_2399wt_1165

would then replace cloth on door panels to match.

With matching black suede or accent color headliner.

Kinda want to see if anyone else has done this.

Also, carpet the truck with the headliner color..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE...ht_3508wt_1165

Also I would like to fab in a touch screen computer in the spot where the cupjolder is now, with a flip-down iPod dock...

But that would be last.

I bought an extra cupholder assembly from the junk yard to try and mock it up..

I used to build Micro-ATX computers, and with current technology it would be fun to do again, especially with integrating it into certain vehicle systems...

Like this but not exactly, this was in a gen4 Ram...

would help me with business stuff. and also neat to have.

Not worried at all about re-sale, doing all this so I can take pride in my truck, and because I feel bad for neglecting it for so long, It didn't like sitting on jack-stands covered for over a year....

Last edited by nolazach; 03-01-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:18 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to re-do the seats... I would throw some heated seat pads in there too:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RPC-250-1802/

Sounds like it could be a fun build. Are you going to mess around with any fiberglass? Maybe you will do a build thread and show us how it progresses.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:37 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Rip the center jump seat out and build a custom center console with cupholders and a floor shifter.

Dont go crazy with the Krylon.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Maverick Nos
Rookie

Yea thats what I did. I ripped out the center seat and cut alot of stuff out but here's the finished product.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:30 PM
MedicNathan
Veteran

Originally Posted by Maverick Nos
Yea thats what I did. I ripped out the center seat and cut alot of stuff out but here's the finished product.
Is that an LCD in there? or just a nifty graphic?

Old 03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

thats damn nice lookin...i want one lol

Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE...Q5fAccessories

Try those. I think a guy on here put those in his truck.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:15 PM
nolazach
Veteran

OOOH I like that alot... I have this

But that is a lot better of an idea. I have three seats in the back, I have never had anyone ride bitch before....

Say, you would't happen to have your measurements handy would you? I could fab that up, but could also save a little time.
Just wanted to tell you that looks great and you did an awesome job. What you have there is the kind of idea that made me want to start this thread.

Did you buy that Carputer or did you make it yourself??

Your set up id almost exactly what I want. Maybe put a monitor in the back with a separate DVD for the back seat passengers.

a floor shifter.
Another good idea.. Would be more difficult to do, but I'm sure I could put a five speed steering column on and find a decent chrysler shifter and just fab the linkage.

Great ideas...

Last edited by nolazach; 03-01-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:24 PM
nolazach
Veteran

Originally Posted by LegendKiller89
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE...Q5fAccessories

Try those. I think a guy on here put those in his truck.
ARTIFICIAL LEATHER

Humidity is way too high here for Vinyl seats.

I like the seat heater idea in a way, but I was wearing t-shirts and shorts around Christmas time here, and I'm wearing shorts now. I have seat heater in my primary car, and rarely use them( I can count the number of times I've seen falling snow in my entire life on one hand), now seat chillers, I would get.

For the seats I want to actually take the old cloth out and replace it with custom leather or a better cloth.
I know in South Texas you can get leather work cheap, but not sure about around here.

I definitely will not go with Vinyl.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

That is a cool design, and would be a great spot for the touch screen computer..... Would be a great idea for me, but, I need the center seat.....

Quick Reply: Interior upgrades, no spray paint, lol