2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

paint job

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Horde4Life
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default paint job

ok.. so i really need a paint job for my truck. does anyone know any good places in UT that arent too expensive? the guy i purchased the truck from spray painted the whole truck.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

For paint work, you can have cheap, or you can have good. Not both. Expect to pay north of 2K for a good quality paint job.

Or, find the thread from the guy that painted his truck with rattle cans, in his driveway.... and came up with a VERY nice looking truck.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Truedge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well If you don't have rust or dents that need fixing, you could look into the paint system that advanced auto sells. It comes in ready to spray gallons in a bunch of different colors. I have never tried this stuff myself, but If you trying to go the cheap route this may be the ticket for you. The main key is preparation. If the surface panels aren't prepped right then the finish won't look good. Even with this paint I'd still go with a good primer/surfacer and wet sand the entire surface. It's a time consuming job, but In my opinion well worth it.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:58 PM
loneriderty
Rookie

if there is a spray glo near by don't go there i've taken my truck back twice and i still peeling. try macco i heard they are doing like a 299.99 special a while back but i think it just like black or white

Old 03-09-2011, 07:44 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

try macco i heard they are doing like a 299.99 special a while back but i think it just like black or white
You otta just keep the rattle can job...

Go to body shops in your area, get quotes from them, ask to see their work. Ask around town and see who is best.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:55 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this post... you need to scroll down a few posts. I'm thinking about doing this to my trail rig, so I can make body repairs and repaint on the cheap.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...0&fpart=1&vc=1

Cartman

Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
loneriderty
Rookie

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Go to body shops in your area, get quotes from them, ask to see their work. Ask around town and see who is best.
thats a pretty good suggestion. i was just giving the dude an idea cause i don't kmow what color hes wanting

Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 PM
biff10

Just get a body wrap and cover it up. www.Camoclad.com This is who did my truck.

Quick Reply: paint job