2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/C Blows Warm Air When Stopping Suddening

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
MagnumVP
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just called the local Dodge dealership and they only have 1 CV (Part # 4549209) and it's $5.81. I'll pick it up while I'm out and replace the bad one (if I have one) when I have some time this weekend. I'll check the hoses prior to and see if I need to replace them as well.

Should I pick up a pcv valve while I'm there?

Last edited by MagnumVP; 04-07-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Mad_Scientist
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MagnumVP
Should I pick up a pcv valve while I'm there?
Cant hurt, as they fail somewhat frequently, but a bad pcv does not constitute a vac leak (at least I dont think it would)

Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 PM
MagnumVP
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's FIXED!!!! Finger's crossed that when I take it out tomorrow it's fixed as well.

I went down the the dealership and picked up the last CV. While I was there I picked up a pcv value as well. Total price $15.18.

I went home I first looked at the lines under the battery that goes to the Cruise Control. They looked fine. Then I decided to just take a look and see what it would take to replace the CV and pcv. It's nothing. Just a slight tug and twist and it was out. I found one CV just under the air filter on the passenger side. I took it out and blew in one way and then couldn't blow through it the other way. So I thought that one was good and put it back in place.

I looked for the other CV but couldn't find it so I decided to pull the pcv and replace that. With the NEW pcv I could both both directions. One direction is harder but I was still able to pass air. I pulled out the old pcv and tested that. I could NOT blow in one direction. I'm not sure if that matters.

After only replacing the pcv I now have Cruise Control, 4WD and I can NOT trigger the A/C turning to Heater "Weird Vents" thing again.

I would say that it's fixed, but tomorrow is the true test when I'll be out and about all day instead of just a quick 5 minute test drive to the corner and back.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE THAT HELPED!!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

Last edited by MagnumVP; 04-07-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Added THANKS!!!

Quick Reply: A/C Blows Warm Air When Stopping Suddening