2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyone ever had a problem with jiffy lube?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meanwhitemopar
Ok, been over this, pan drop and filter change gets about 5 quarts out, a full rebuild and fill takes upwards of 15 to 20 quarts depending on the tranny, sorry.. I wanted water out..
You had water in your transmission, and now you wonder why it's not working?

I must be missing something here....

Old 05-23-2011, 02:30 AM
tweeker909
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adobedude
NEVER flush a Transmission...I don't care who-what-how it's done, it loosens **** up and kills the transmission....Clogs the valve body, at this point...I think it's too late to simply change the fluid again, might be worth a try though.

FYI: When you do a tranny rebuild, your supposed to replace the old cooler and all the lines to prevent anything from contaminating the tranny fluid

From now on, just drop the pan, change the fluid/filter and fill with ATF-4.
X2. X2 on the FYI. Unless the trans has been flushed from day one of it's life your asking for trouble. Water in a trans will smoke it in no time.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:06 AM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a rebuilt trans.. so in honesty.. it is going its life getting flushed.

As for water being in there.. it worked and shifted better with the water in there. But after 2 days of the truck being in the parking lot I wanted it flushed.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:06 AM
DianaC
Exclamation Truck brt to jiffy lube runnin great but left without truck

Today brought rig into jiffy lube who talked me into transmission flush. I now have no truck! I am so afraid they are going to stick me with this when I have never had a prob at all until they touched it. I am a single mom and literally work 2 full time jobs at this moment. Any suggestioms or support would help me sleep better while carless. Thanks

Old 07-12-2011, 12:28 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Was it an instant break down? I assume as much as since you took it in today. I'd definitely push them hard about it.

First thing is to write down absolutely everything you can remember they told you so you have your thoughts and arguments clear in your mind.

I would then contact Jiffy Lube about the problem and see what they say. If they agree to help, great. If not tell them you will be contacting a lawyer after an independent transmission shop verifies the damage was done by their service.

Then I would contact a local trans shop to verify the problem, tell them about what happened at Jiffy Lube. Ask the Trans shop for an explanation of the exact problem and get it in writing.

At this point, you have 3 options: go back to jiffy lube with a copy (not the original note) and give them a chance to make it right (legal action threat may be necessary), contact a lawyer and weigh your options, or just bite the bullet and let the trans shop fix it.

I wish there was magic in a bottle you could just pour in to fix it, but there isn't.

You may very well have to get litigious with them, so be prepared for that.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:36 AM
BIGBIRD85
Veteran

i had a 94 ford and went to jiffy lube on a rainy day for my oil change. they talked me into a tranny flush and a rear end fluid change as well. i really made it 1/4 mile down the road. tranny was crap!! i walked back in (im 6'8" tall and weigh in at 290lbs) and literally drug this manager back to my truck. it did not even have a filter on the engine! i got a new engine and a transmission and got the shop closed. when the employees were questioned by investigaters they said they used old oil in somecases and all oil was 10w30 and filters were removed and cleaned and the old one put back on. this was in 1997. the only people that touch my tranny is me or a independent shop. oil changes are done by me or my sons. STAY OUT OF THE QUICK LUBES AND JIFFY LUBESOR ANY PLACE LIKE THAT!

Old 08-16-2011, 04:34 AM
mac208x
Rookie

Originally Posted by grox
I've heard from a guy who worked at Jiffy Lube that nobody should ever take their car there. I don't remember why, just the stern warning.
i know this is an old post and what im about to say is off topic, but i head the same thing about taco bell

Old 08-16-2011, 11:39 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Why would you go to taco bell for an oil change?

Old 08-16-2011, 11:42 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yea, McDonalds is way better for that.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:08 AM
BIGBIRD85
Veteran

man yall are both crazy!! burger king is the place!!!!!!!!! second choice is KFC!

Quick Reply: anyone ever had a problem with jiffy lube?