2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

from 99 ram manuel locks/wind. to 96 dodge ram power locks/wind.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:05 AM
tatitup8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from 99 ram manuel locks/wind. to 96 dodge ram power locks/wind.

i have a 99 dodge ram ext cab with manuel locks and windows. they are a pain in the ***! i found a guy with a 96 4x4 1500 with electric locks/wind.. i was just wondering if these would fit? i dont want to put the WHOLE door on, just the internals and what not.. anyone done this and have any help would be much appreciated. im going to try and put these on myself.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:24 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

window regulators are riveted in from the factory. I usually just bolt them back in when replacing window motors and such. (just make sure the bolts don't interfere with the mechanism......) Power locks are integrated into the door latch, so, should be a direct replacement there. Check in the panel just below the dash on the drivers side (easiest to get to), and see if the connectors for power accessories are already there. If they are, might be a plug and play exercise...... with some minor wiring differences. Not sure if anything change there. (I know the power mirror connectors were different between those two years anyway.....) If they aren't, you will have to score those harnesses as well.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:21 AM
matt72991
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would say swap the whole door. i just did on my 97 ram and all i had to do was fish the second connector out of the side of the dash. i felt around with my finger and found the plug. the other will already be connected to the door for the speaker to work. in my truck the wiring was already ran and i have a BASE model truck. after putting the door on u will need the relay/fuse thing not sure which it is. but its a 30amp gray fuse thing. and now i have power. good luck

Quick Reply: from 99 ram manuel locks/wind. to 96 dodge ram power locks/wind.