2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pulled the pre cat o2 and man what a difference!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would tend to take the advice of dude with a bunch of posts. Only been one guy on this board since I've been here that had over 2000 posts and still didn't know what he's talking about.

Well, 2 if you include me.

Last edited by aim4squirrels; 06-26-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:21 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
I would tend to take the advice of dude with a bunch of posts. Only been one guy on this board since I've been here that had over 2000 posts and still didn't know what he's talking about.

Well, 2 if you include me.
well theres helpfulness, like heyyou has, and then there's whatever zman is spouting out. i don't care if his real name is daimler chrysler, i won't be taking any of his advice if he continues to put things in the demeanor he does.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:36 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbeasst
i won't be taking any of his advice if he continues to put things in the demeanor he does.
Not that it matters, but you have nothing two worry about as far as that goes. As far as Heyyou goes, I admire him too, he just some how can deal with some of the ignorance a lot better than me.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:47 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
In all reality, I don't think I have EVER seen anyone get a ticket for removing emissions equipment. Of course, I live in Michigan, in a county that doesn't do any sort of testing at all, neither do the surrounding counties. The one north of me was talking about it for a while, but, nothing has happened, and it has been a couple years......

Still, emissions here are federal laws, and removing it by a licensed shop can get them in deep dark trouble. None of the 'big name' shops around here will do so. The little shop I worked at..... the owner, me, and another guy...... would do anything you wanted. If it wasn't strictly legal though, no work order, not receipt, and cash only.
thanks bro. like i said i got some connections to maybe help me out so i don't have to worry about it in the near future!

Old 06-26-2011, 06:52 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how hard is it to replace the o2 and special tools and how much did the 02 sensor run ?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
Not that it matters, but you have nothing two worry about as far as that goes. As far as Heyyou goes, I admire him too, he just some how can deal with some of the ignorance a lot better than me.
I smoke more pot. J/K

Seriously, zman knows his stuff. If you can see oil pooling thru the throttle body, your plenum is SERIOUSLY blown. (like mine was....) However, just because you don't see much thru two little holes, does NOT imply that your plenum isn't blown.... removing the throttle body is quick, and easy, and gives you a MUCH better view of what is going on in there.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:57 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I smoke more pot. J/K

LOL, I need more beer I guess.

1&2genrams
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta be honest, I don't think your intake looks ok, I would look into it more.
You can definatly see a residue....darker on the sides, I didn't have oil consumption or the pinging...I took a peek in the TB and saw something similar to the pictures....I ordered up the ebay plate right away, when I took my keg off I turned it upside down I could see the gasket was starting to hang out the sides, I pulled the tin plate off and the oil was in there for sure, mostly out of sight of the TB holes, I am assuming because you are looking directly in the path of the greatest airflow the oil will be sucked into the engine.....it does really collect in the sides....and lets face it, thats where it comes in too

drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
how hard is it to replace the o2 and special tools and how much did the 02 sensor run ?
you don't need any special tools per se.. but, a socket made for it is worth it's weight in gold.. it is a socket with a side of the cylinder missing.. I think they are like $5~$8 at most parts stores.. i THINK ours are 7/8"..

as far as personalities on here go- or, hell, anywhere for that matter- it is somewhat important to remember that the dude who is nice isn't always the one that actually helps.. I think most of the folks involved loved Madoff, as an extreme example.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:16 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by drewactual
you don't need any special tools per se.. but, a socket made for it is worth it's weight in gold.. it is a socket with a side of the cylinder missing.. I think they are like $5~$8 at most parts stores.. i THINK ours are 7/8"..

as far as personalities on here go- or, hell, anywhere for that matter- it is somewhat important to remember that the dude who is nice isn't always the one that actually helps.. I think most of the folks involved loved Madoff, as an extreme example.

I could be wrong, but I think he was being sarcastic. Lastrights that is.
You talkin to me?

Quick Reply: Pulled the pre cat o2 and man what a difference!