2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Here we go..Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:35 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewbieDodge
I broke one in back on the pass side and the two front ones. They came out with vice grips pb blaster and some vibration.. hammer lol.

What did you use for the quick connect on the fuel rail side? My connector does not wanna come off the fuel rail.

Are you talking the crossover hose between the two rails?

I need the hose that goes from under the truck.. or the back of the block..cannot see where it is connected.. to the fuel rail.. it doesnt look like there is a return line.
That happened to me. I was wondering why the fuel rail tool was not working.

Here is what to do:
1. Put the disconnect tool into the female side over the male end on the rail
2. PUSH the female (line) side INTO the make side as far as it can go
3. THEN push the disconnect tool in KEEPING THE FEMALE (line) SIDE STILL PUSHED IN.
4. While keeping the disconnect tool snug in there, pull the disconnect tool and the fuel line off as one unit.

A slight bit of twisting may be needed. The reason you need to push the line in is because the nipple on the rail is a bit too long (purposely so you can get the tool in there).

Old 09-21-2011, 05:56 PM
NewbieDodge
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After further examination it turned out to be a fuel rail o-ring. It was leaking on the back side and running down the fuel line. Replaced the o-rings on the fuel injectors with Felpro - ES 70599. Those are for the fuel rail side. The intake rings looked good but they are red. I didnt need to replace those, should of but I will do that when I do the plenum plate upgrade.. just needed the truck to work better so I can get to work.

On a side note. The fuel rail inlet supply line.. is available at the dealership for $109.00 and part number is 5212-7819AC.. 98 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gas