2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

possible E-Fan

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:33 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

PICS!!!!! We want PICS!!!!

Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BackwoodsRam
hey i got the fan installed , it pulls a stupid amount of air lol. i can see why alot of people are running them, just make sure you seal it against the radiator all the way or alot the fan will suck alot of air from around the radiator instead of thru it.
Even without a shroud mine still pulls plenty of air through the rad. I can hold a bed sheet 18" from the grill and it'll pull the whole thing in.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
PICS!!!!! We want PICS!!!!
Doesn't really apply to a Ram but here's mine.

Last edited by Hahns5.2; 10-12-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:35 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey hahs do you have any pics of how yours is mounted? mines just zip tied to my radiator

Old 10-12-2011, 09:53 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

By the pics it looks like he fabricated some metal brackets to attach to the fans mounting holes and then reach to the radiator mounting bracket.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by BackwoodsRam
hey hahs do you have any pics of how yours is mounted? mines just zip tied to my radiator
How the hell did you zip tie it to the rad?

I just used 16g steel and bent it into the desired shape and bolted the 2 side ones to the rad and the bottom one is bolted to the frame crossmember that runs under the rad. Both bolt holes in the rad had to be enlarged.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hahns5.2
How the hell did you zip tie it to the rad?
The directions in the cheapy fans I bought say to thread the zip ties through the radiator fins and through the fan mounting holes. This will obviously put all the weight of the fan resting on the radiator fins. I hated the idea personally.

I bought the TCP shroud which looks nice. Now I just need to install all this stuff.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ugly1
The directions in the cheapy fans I bought say to thread the zip ties through the radiator fins and through the fan mounting holes. This will obviously put all the weight of the fan resting on the radiator fins. I hated the idea personally.

I bought the TCP shroud which looks nice. Now I just need to install all this stuff.
Yeah but the fan blades on the GC fan stick out past the fan "body" and mounting tabs. Unless he got the shroud that goes with the fan.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:21 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

here they are, the long awaited picture time. there is just enough room for the fan between the radiator and ac condensor if you relocate the oil cooler that is between them and remove the center support. also if you elonate the hole in the bottom tab on the fan the there is a mount bolt and hole from the oil cooler that lines up perfectly for the new fan. the upper tabs are held against the radiator with zip ties but they do not support the weight of the fan. i was being literal when i said there was just enough room for the fan to fit. i also had to trim away some of the plastic around the a/c condeser screen so it would fit back in place. fyi the plastic is held on by 6 tiny screws so it come off pretty easy. when i put it all back together i put the oil cooler in front of the a/c conders and zip ties are holding it up until i can fab up a bracket

Old 10-14-2011, 02:29 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

this is the condeser after i trimed some of the plastic away

this is the finished product

Old 10-14-2011, 02:32 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

a close up of the fan

Quick Reply: possible E-Fan