2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cracked Dash

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 01:29 AM
2000ramsport
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok well even though they have a life time warranty i just went to the site and it says may not fit sport modles and my truck is a sport.guess ill stick to lmc.but thanks for the info.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:11 PM
iacordero
Rookie

Hey everyone. I apologize for the rant - I guess I need to up the dosage on my medication. I'm sure VW is very knowledgeable and helpful, which is what I was trying to be with my original post. I realize that the search feature is our best friend on this forum, but I just wanted to post my experience and hopefully someone would find it helpful by just glancing at the main page, which apparently a few people did.

2000ramsport - in my opinion, the dash fits and matches the color perfectly. Mine is gray, so I can't vouch for other colors. It took about 1 hour to remove the old one and install the new one, but as I said, the old one will have to come out in pieces. As far as difficulty, it's pretty easy as long as you know how to get to the screws you need to get to (i.e. behind the bezel, the airbag and by the door jambs), but I'm sure you can find the procedure using the SEARCH feature I'll post pictures as soon as possible.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:14 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, no problem. Everyone's sense of humor is a little different. No one here is intentionally trying to p*** anyone off.

We are all wanting to learn, and if the opportunity presents, have a little fun. (I still think there are too many kittens running around.)

Last edited by gdstock; 10-11-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:24 AM
a-master
Veteran

Originally Posted by gdstock
Hey, no problem. Everyone's sende of humor is a little different. No one here is intentionally trying to p*** anyone off.

We are all wanting to learn, and if the opportunity presents, have a little fun. (I still think there are too many kittens running around.)
I think VW likes to see people's reaction to his dry humor. Once I figured out not to take him TOO seriously, I started to look forward to his posts.

This is what he does daily (you may or may not get the joke):

Old 10-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Horde4Life
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so i have a question about dash replacements. i have a 96 dodge, but i cant stand the drink holders clear up above the radio. does anyone know of a replacement that puts them lower, similiar to the 98 for example. obviously this isnt a huge deal, i just thought i would ask for some input.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:57 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Yeah, I don't care for the cup-holder being up there either. It ain't real useful..... Swapping to a newer style dash though, is a rather significant undertaking, as a LOT changed with the 98 dash, (digital odometer for one...) and it seems that they are not directly interchangeable with the older versions. You would need to grab all the wiring for the dash, probably the CTM as well, and maybe even the PCM....... Not something I have looked into that hard, as it is way too much work for simply moving the cup-holders....

Better alternative is to get one of the aftermarket add-on fellers that go into the center seat console lid. Quick, painless, and easy.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:40 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yeah, I don't care for the cup-holder being up there either. It ain't real useful..... Swapping to a newer style dash though, is a rather significant undertaking, as a LOT changed with the 98 dash, (digital odometer for one...) and it seems that they are not directly interchangeable with the older versions. You would need to grab all the wiring for the dash, probably the CTM as well, and maybe even the PCM....... Not something I have looked into that hard, as it is way too much work for simply moving the cup-holders....

Better alternative is to get one of the aftermarket add-on fellers that go into the center seat console lid. Quick, painless, and easy.
Or build a center console with cup holders built into it

Old 10-07-2011, 12:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
Or build a center console with cup holders built into it
Or maybe buy one from a guy selling his? Maybe?

Old 10-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Horde4Life
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a good idea. ive never thought about doing it that way. i guess i better start looking around for some.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Have a look at these.

Quick Reply: Cracked Dash