2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Head lamp problem,. help if you would,.??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 04:20 PM
pradke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head lamp problem,. help if you would,.??

ok,.. Is there any one that would maybe help me out,..?? I have an 11 of 2000 dodge ram 2500,.. may right hand low beam went out,..I really didn't think much of it,.. but then the high beam also went out,. ( on the right side only),.. well,. I changed the bulbs,..still no head light on the right side,.( yes the left side works,.High and low ),. so I checked the power,.( fuse ).that I do have ,.but there is no ground signal being sent for the high or low,..
I know I can jump off the right side to correct the problem ,.but I would rather try and fix it correctly at the source of the problem,.. any help would be great THANK YOU,.. if nothing else,.??? does anyone have a head lamp wiring diagram for a 200 2001 ram,.???? THANKS AGAIN,..!!!!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

I think the headlight switch provides ground path..... there is an 01 service manual available for download in the FAQ section. Grab that, it has wiring diagrams that will make your life a LOT easier.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the lens for water. i was having the same problem. ive gone through 3 bulbs so far and couldnt figure out why until i noticed water floating and splashing inside the headlight one night causing my bulb to blow.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:19 AM
pradke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you,..!!! I appreciate your help,..!!!

Quick Reply: Head lamp problem,. help if you would,.??