2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RockAuto Parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 09:19 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
I read that sticky last night, donated a little to help out.
Thanks man.

As far as the Raybestos BJ's go. I have no personal experience with them, but Raybestos is at least a good company with a good reputation as far as brake components go. Better than DuraCrap for sure.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:40 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rockauto vs AUtozone/Napa/Advanve

Pros of rockauto:
MANY different manufacturers to choose from.
Cheaper prices
Lifetime warranty on parts

Cons:
Shipping core parts
Extra time
Warranty ranges from 30 days to 3 years (very few parts)

If you get pads from Napa, you will essentially have brake pads for life. If you get them from rockauto, you will have to rebuy them.

It all depends on how you use your truck AND your rationale:
1. For people who abuse their trucks: There are 2 schools of thought. Get a better part to prevent breakage. Get cheap lifetime warranty parts that you can keep replacing. Depends on how much you like turning a wrench.

I go from rockauto to autozone to napa depending on the scenario I am going with. I went with rockauto for brake pads, but i will probably go with autozone for rotors to get the warranty (For my wife's yukon, rotors are expensive. For our trucks, might as well change them out with the pads because they are so cheap! You can spend more getting them turned in some places!) However, I have slotted and drilled rotors for my truck (Rockauto).

Do some research and see if parts have a limited lifetime warranty. If you pay more for ball joints with that type of warranty, then it is worth it IMHO.

Research is the key. If you come here and post what you think is rock bottom for a part, you will get about half a dozen replies that have the same part cheaper.

Between your research and us here, you should get a good deal.

Quick Reply: RockAuto Parts