2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Speakers

So I put in an Alpine Headunit a while ago, and I gotta say my sound system is MUCH better. I have the infintity speakers in my 01 1500.

That being said, the speakers have no bass. I cant cut the volume past 22 or 20 on some of the more bassy songs until it makes that awful wierd noise that I can't describe, but obviously comes from a lack of power in the speakers.

Can someone give me the basic lowdown on speakers and sound systems In general? Or point me to a link. Im rather green when it comes to sound systems.

Also, what are some aftermarket upgrades I can get that will match the quality of my headunit?

Thanks

Ps. (I'm rather partial to that awesome stuff called classic rock, if that helps)

Old 11-27-2011, 05:20 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
So I put in an Alpine Headunit a while ago, and I gotta say my sound system is MUCH better. I have the infintity speakers in my 01 1500.

That being said, the speakers have no bass. I cant cut the volume past 22 or 20 on some of the more bassy songs until it makes that awful wierd noise that I can't describe, but obviously comes from a lack of power in the speakers.

Can someone give me the basic lowdown on speakers and sound systems In general? Or point me to a link. Im rather green when it comes to sound systems.

Also, what are some aftermarket upgrades I can get that will match the quality of my headunit?

Thanks

Ps. (I'm rather partial to that awesome stuff called classic rock, if that helps)

Listen to any Pink Floyd?

Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Ham Bone
Champion

A good bit actually. It's some incredible stuff

Old 11-27-2011, 05:30 PM
stewie01
Legend

A good bit actually. It's some incredible stuff
Yes it is

Technically I went to a Pink Floyd concert once, only problem, I was in my mother's womb.

That's counts right?

On the speakers Pioneer and Sony, as well as other brands all make good speakers. If you don't have a window breakin sound system then you don't need anything ultra super fancy or expensive. I bought a Pioneer (i think) CD Player from Amazon.com like super cheap, 200W, worked great in the old Celica 5spd I put it in, wicked fast car by the way. Thinkin I need to buy another 5spd like it for gas mileage.....

I'd check them out and see what they have.

Last edited by stewie01; 11-27-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Ham Bone
Champion

You're really pulling a technicality on the Floyd concert.

I have good experiences regarding pioneer. My dad has pioneer speakers at his house and they flat out rock. Only problem is theyre just a "tad" too big.

From my understanding I have a pretty good headunit, which has already increased the quality of my system. I just don't wanna get something too cheap that will "negate" for lack of a better term. My rather expensive Alpine unit I got for a great deal.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Do you have the Infinity sound system in your truck?

Old 11-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Ham Bone
Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Do you have the Infinity sound system in your truck?
I do have the infinity sound system

Old 11-27-2011, 05:56 PM
stewie01
Legend

I would shop for some Pioneer or Kenwood. You should be able to find those with a good price and give you the end result you want.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:02 PM
CappinHoff
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try here.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All...rs.html?tp=105

These speakers will either fit directly or require a bracket.

Like others said I would go with Kenwood, Pioneer, Polk Audio or Infinity speakers.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:08 PM
stewie01
Legend

You're really pulling a technicality on the Floyd concert.

I have good experiences regarding pioneer. My dad has pioneer speakers at his house and they flat out rock. Only problem is theyre just a "tad" too big.

From my understanding I have a pretty good headunit, which has already increased the quality of my system. I just don't wanna get something too cheap that will "negate" for lack of a better term. My rather expensive Alpine unit I got for a great deal.
If you went to Wal-Mart and picked up a cheap box of DuraBrand speaker's you'd more then likely be worse off.

Any Kenwood, Pionner, Polk Audio, or Infinity Speaker's would make a nice sound system for a reasonable price.

Shop around, Amazon.com has some good deals from time to time. Hell, some Wal-Mart's carry some good Pioneer speaker's too.

Quick Reply: Speakers